1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

In Need of help regarding beauty problems

Discussion in 'Cosmetics & Makeups' started by sindhukp, Feb 12, 2008.

1. sindhukp

sindhukp New IL'ite

Hi Manor

Thanks for your tip. I shall try them when I reach India in 5 days. Congrats u r also getting married like me. Just saw your other posts. I am getting married in kerala -guruvayoor. I am quite tensed and worried about the hot weatherat this time. Pls continue to post some nice bridal tips if you know. Anything thats not covered as part of this forum.

Regards
    Sindhu

2. Majorgain

Majorgain New IL'ite

thanks for that.. :)
    and i have already arranged for my makeup at a parlour there in guruvayoor..
    I am not quite sure of her service bcoz even i am not familiar with that place...
    the name of the parlour is Femme Fatale, Trichur and the aunty there had done it quite well for my friend, so even i booked with her itself.If you want the phone number, just met me know.

Regards,

3. Majorgain

Majorgain New IL'ite

And one more thing is do not continue to use the same moisturiser which u use in UK. I had made this mistake. I continued to use the same moisturiser when i was back from UK . But then later here i started getting pimples and dark marks on my face. I stopped using it and moved on to a different one here and it just did wonders. All the marks on my face is gone now :)

Regards

4. jacintha

jacintha New IL'ite

hi my hearty wishes for your marriage.

could u PM me the name of the moisturizer ur use or pls mail me.

5. Majorgain

Majorgain New IL'ite

Hi..
    thanks for the wishes...
    i was using the Tesco face moisturiser while in UK(pretty expensive) but it was worth it.. but it was not getting along well with blore/kerala weather.. The one which im using right now is Himalaya Face Moisturiser for All Skin Types..Its really working.. :2thumbsup:

6. sindhukp

sindhukp New IL'ite

hi all

Just to give you all an update on where I am with my wedding prep. Got to chennai from UK last sunday. Monday till wednesday i was shopping my wedding and reception saree and jewels. Thursday and friday was also outside shopping accesories. So I have missed all the schedule of drinkiing 8 glass of water, eating oranges etc. I have missed all this and i dont know how time flew in the hot weather. I managed to cover my face when i used to go out. I also drink a glass of carrot and apple juice daily before going out as I tend to come back home only after 10pm. Its been hectic n this hot weather. Last 2 days I havent been going out and I have done a facial and manicure pedicure from a lady who is coming home. I was quite fair when in UK and now I have gone a bit dark. Mariage is on 18th and i will be leaving to kerala on wednesday. so 2 more days of beauty stuff to do. Thanks for letting me know not to use the moisturiser i used in uk. I used evening promise but now I am using oriflames vitamin E cream but I also continue using tea tree cleanser and toner daily.

Can some one advice me of some last minute bridal tip?

Thanks

Last edited: Apr 14, 2008
  7. dweepa

dweepa New IL'ite

hello sindhu
    Mine is not last tip but useful tip,but if given early it will be useful to u.
    u said that u missed carrot juice & oranges due to shopping.meanwhile u can drink coconut water.also u can clean ur face with that water so that it will be soft.

8. Majorgain

Majorgain New IL'ite

after a longtime im back to these forums..quite busy with my wedding..just to share the experience i had with the beauticians for my wedding and reception..

Wedding make up was horrible and i had to fight with the beautician to make me look presentable...let me tell that plz dont ever opt for that parlour in thrichur coz even my frnd who went there had the same kind of experience and over that she charges double of what she says and our parents will be forced to pay her that much in a hurry...plus i feel she used some local makeup kit and it dint even stay for 2hours....

I had one of my reception make up at Live in Style parlour in Cochin, run by Shobha Kunjan...my make up was done by Beena and it was just fantastic...they took 2hours to get me ready and it was really good...very good service and we can feel their efforts too...has got good professional touch ...

About my reception at Trivandrum, it was done from Anila Joseph's parlour..all in all my experience there was not so good....but the make up was good...
    i felt they least care about ur facial skin...they treat it very hard and also i didnt feel the commitment which was quite obvious in cochin parlour..they even asked for more money after the make up was complete which they should have told initially..so i felt utilised..again the make up is gud but it will not last long...

these are just my views...thought of sharing here...
    could be useful for someone...
    :)

Last edited: Jun 3, 2008
  9. sadhana11

sadhana11 Senior IL'ite

i ll help you in tis

10. sadhana11

sadhana11 Senior IL'ite