1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

In Need of help regarding beauty problems

Discussion in 'Cosmetics & Makeups' started by sindhukp, Feb 12, 2008.

1. sindhukp

sindhukp New IL'ite

Hi

I am getting married in april in chennai and I am looking for answers to the below questions:

1) I live in UK and I will be coming to chennai for my wedding in April. My weding is taking place in kerala, near guruvayoor temple. Can some one suggest nice beauty parlours in guruvayoor?
    2) I have a sensitive skin and last time when I went to chennai, I did bleaching and facial for the first time and that resulted in horrible rashes on my face. I knwo this question is repeated but if you can give me some home based treatements that will be great
    3) I have been seeing your site regularly and there was this tip for hair care to apply banana hair mask- one banana mixed with 1 1/2 tsp olive oil and 1 tbsp mayonaise to be applied on hair. My hair is normal and silky but after applying the mask my hair became very rough and had lots of tangles. Took a lot of time to rmeove all the tangles. Can you suggest some home based hair care treatment for me?I have oily hair and I am using tresemme shampoo. This was the first time I tried the banana mask and it turned out awful.
    4) Can you suggest some facial home based treatment that I can do for very sensitive skin. Mine is very sensitive and I have started using toner, cleanser and moisturiser. Can you suggest some nice tips for beauty fair skin and what I should do before my wedding to have a nice face and silky hair?
    5) I dont belive in beauty parlours because they just ruined my skin. I have been to mythilis, kanya, and it was the first time I tried the facial and it became worse. Can you suggest what sort of parlour treatments I shd go for in chennai. I would also request you to provide me the name of some nice parlour if you are confident that they can do good face treatments.
    6) Can you get me some nice contact details for mehendi?

Thanks all!

-Best Wishes
    Sindy

2. sindhukp

sindhukp New IL'ite

Can some one respond to this old email. There has been 81 views so far but why no response?

This is bad response to user queries :(

3. MythiliMurali

MythiliMurali Bronze IL'ite

hello sindhu
    apply vitamin E cream(or any cream) everyday night.it's good.
    drink carrot juice or apple juice everyday in the morining & warm milk before going to bed.
    drink more water.
    applying papaya makes to glow & applying banana cleans ur face & moistunes.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2008
  4. Happysoul1234

Happysoul1234 Gold IL'ite

Try Clinique Extra Mild Soap, Toner and Moisturizer. After just 2-3 weeks of use, your skin will become clearer and glow!

You can try home-made mask of besan, milk, turmeric and honey.

For hair try Aveda Shampoo for Oily Hair. It is excellent!

5. sindhukp

sindhukp New IL'ite

Hi all

Thanks to Mythili and Manisha for the reply. I am glad I've got some response.

I shall defintely try those tips and feedback.

Regards
    Sindy

6. lalitha36

lalitha36 New IL'ite

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    hi sindhu
    -->Doing excercise regularly also makes u look fair & clean.I observed it for me.
    -->i heard honey is a good mask & also acts as bleach.
    -->or else home made things(published in hindu) can be used for sensitive or dry skin.
    CLEANSER
    3/4 cup rose water,1/4 cup glycerine,1 tspn vinegar,1/4tspn honey.store in a bottle.
    TONER
    2cups water+1 orange or tangerine or lemon for oily skin.boil,filter & store in fridge.
    MOISTURISER
    ur favourite brand
    NOURISHING MASK(once or twice in a week)
    banana+1 tspn vegetable oil.brush on face leave 20 min. or till it dries.
    apart from this do excercise regularly u will see good results.

-->or else before going to bed simply apply or clean the face with a
    cotton ball dipped in olive oil then clean with the cotton dipped in warm water & again repeat it with olive oil.also makes u feel relax.
    -->also be cautious when ur getting ready on the marraige day.observe urself carefully after everything is over.don't make urself hurry.start early to get ready properly.
    not only the face u will be effected but also the way u wear a saree(whether with 3/4/5 step pallu practice with ur mothers pattu saree) ,bindi,flowers,jewllery etc.
    -->apply castor oil to ur eyebrows & eyelashes to make them look dark then it will make u look good in the photos.
    that's the great & best tips i know. check & verify urself which suites u.hope this helps u
    regards

7. sindhukp

sindhukp New IL'ite

Thanks Lalitha for your wonderful tip. i will follow them. I have another query- I have dark skin color on my nails on my hand. Is there any thing I can do for it as the skin seems be coming out.

Regards
    Sindy

8. lalitha36

lalitha36 New IL'ite

hi sindhu
    go for a good beauty parlour for manicure & pedicure once or twice before marraige.they will remove excess skin on the nails with nail cutter,shape ur nails like that.then u can try at home with any good shampoo for cleaning purpose.when doing manicure/pedicure at home u can rub ur hands/feet with lemon piece dipped into sugar that is taken in a plate.
    even after that if u have black skin around ur nails then rub that part with 1/2 a lemon daily twice atleast.u must have patience.
    regards

9. sindhukp

sindhukp New IL'ite

Thanks lalitha again for your prompt response. Its been great to see many people responding to emails and I think this is a great site for all beauty issues.

Keep up the good work and kudos to the author of this site.

Regards
    Sindy

10. Majorgain

Majorgain New IL'ite

one more tip :

take 4-5strips of saffron and mix it with one spoon milk. Grind it well to mix with the milk. Keep it for 1-2hours and then apply it on your face for 15-20minutes till it becomes dry. And then wash it off. Do it daily and you can see a glow on your face. This is good to make your face look brighter.

Make sure you buy good quality saffron strips. ( 1gm might cost you 100Rs or more)

Regards