1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

In-laws are out of town for 5 days,I & DH will be alone :) pls suggest ideas to enjoy

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Hyral, Mar 9, 2012.

1. Hyral

Hyral Gold IL'ite

Hi ILs,
    Hope you all are doing well in your Life.
    Its been a year to my wedding.
    I live in joint family consisting of grandfather -in-law, paretnts-in-law and sister-in-law.
    There comes no possibility for us to be home alone. Even if at time my Mom-in-law and sis-in-law goes nasik where my father-in-law works. I have grandfather-in-law at home . And yes my mom-in-law havnt shifted to place where her husband works :bonk she dont wanna leave her dearest son alone with me...and even if she would have joined her hubby , I have sis-in-law and grand father-in law staying together :-(
    Infact my hubby is mumma's boy and so is my mom-in-law.... cannot stay away from my hubby....and not giving us time to connect.
    She would want to serve him food, to put buttons to his shirt, to go whith him to see dr....its not that I dont wanna take up these responsibilities ,I love to take up responsibilities. But its like she doesnt allow me to...even if I do manage to do something for my hubby she has big face...
    My DH is bit introvert, he is a man who is not into music but yes loves to watch movie which we usually watch in our bedroom also in theater often but he is very less in talking and especially in trying out something new. How to convince him to participate in fun activities...Am bubbly and find ways to keep life interesting but alone I cannot do without DH's support.

Well, on 17th my MIL,PIL,GIL and SIL are going out of town for 5 days...
    I and my hubby cannot join them as we are not getting leave from work.
    they are leaving on 17th evening :( that is sat but I want to make most of these days especially weekends.
    Wanna plan out some surprise or activities with my hubby. I want to make best of this time to bring my hubby more close to me as daily after work we hardly manage to talk...what ever time he has is taken up by my MIL..:rant
    We lack privacy and more over WE time when all are at home...
    Ladies can you please suggest me how to utilize these 5 days especially 17th and 18th march....

For ladies like me who lives in joint family such a rare opportunity is not worth missing :) to be alone just me and my DH :)
    Pls tell me how to make best use of this time :)

Thanks
    Hyral

Last edited: Mar 9, 2012

2. silvertulip

silvertulip Platinum IL'ite

Re: In-laws are out of town for 5 days,I & DH will be alone :) pls suggest ideas to e

As u said ur ILs are leaving on 17th eve..go for a late nite movie with him and on sunday morning prepare a lavish bruch for him! Go for a long eve drive and take him for a candlelight dinner or if u are into some adventure then go for some fun rides or a long drive to lonavala or some plc nearby on sunday for fun! hope u have a gr8 time.. :thumbsup

2 people like this.
  3. renutn

renutn Gold IL'ite

Re: In-laws are out of town for 5 days,I & DH will be alone :) pls suggest ideas to e

hey dear,
    i can surely understand the anxiety inside you ...:bonk
    since ur in-laws are traveling sat evening...i feel better stay at home with your husband ...and try to be romantic( sexy nighties, pull him when you are doing some work to join your hand...etc...) ouch i am going to my dreamland :spin
    next day morning ...as usual your daily chores, chai, breakfast, etc... and convince him for drive to nearby places..like mall,sea shore...as both of you busy in the weekdays..surely he will agree to take for long drive/short drive.
    Spend most of valuable times with him and come back late night or evenings.
    In the weekdays ..both of you plan to take a day leave from work and whatever you feel like to do ...ask him..don't get shy...express it...men usually can't understand wife feelings, desires. You are newly married and you have lot of dreams...go ahead ..achieve it..

1 person likes this.
  4. riyagan

riyagan Gold IL'ite

wow..how refreshing.. enjoy girl..make full use of it:thumbsup

1 person likes this.
  5. saman

saman Bronze IL'ite

hi and wow....

i love that moments and i am also always waiting long for these kind of moments n my house ( am also same situation as ur in living with possessive in laws)
    and hear are the things i will do ....
    1. buy nice sexy lingerie and night wear
    2. wear some thing different and nice....make ur husband notice u
    3. well if ur husband is a foodie make his favorite food....
    4. last but not least try to make out on dining table or kitchen (it will be a life time memory)

1 person likes this.
  6. tanoshii

tanoshii Platinum IL'ite

I'd also suggest a steamy Saturday night and a fun and relaxing day out all Sunday Hyral.
    Pack a picnic if you have time. Else pick up food where ever you go. Dinner also outside and come home.

As for the 3 weekdays. Try to get closer to him. If possible, come home earlier than him and prepare a nice meal. If that is not possible with both your tight schedules, pick him up from work and go out for a nice dinner again. Make sure you are not too caught with chores and get to spend time with him.

All the best and have fun dear.

7. IndianFunTube

IndianFunTube New IL'ite

In the bathroom. In the Kitchen. On the Dining Table. On the Sofa. Behind the Curtains. On the Floor. Under the Bed. Candles. Perfumes. Nail Polish. Sexy Lingerie. Romantic Movie. Adult Movie. Sex Comedy. Long Stroll at Night. Mini-Vacation. Good Food. Massages. Chocolate Sauce. Fruits. Naked Yoga. Truth or Dare. Strip Dice Game. Shower.

8. maya69

maya69 Gold IL'ite

Hi OP

5dys alone with DH! Sounds little like that old movie "piya ka ghar" with jaya bhaduri. Cute romantic movie to watch though bit of chick flick.

9. SiriVeda

SiriVeda Silver IL'ite

Hi OP,

To get close to a person you need to know him well....

1. No hotel or outside food.....He might miss his mother if you do so.....Ask him to give you a menu of what he wants to eat and prepare that at home. Take his help while cooking...he will open out to you more when he sees your interest in his likes and dislikes.
    2. You talk less and make him talk a lot more than usual. Talk about his childhood memories, his college life everything that you didnt know about him.
    3. Wear his favorite colors...let him notice you...
    4. Do not waste nights and early mornings...Sleep can be postponed :)))
    5. Get cosy and watch a very romantic movie, no action movies or thrillers this week...
    6. Lighten up the environment in your bedroom with beautiful bedspreads and see to it that your bed looks clutter free and neat always. Same with the entire house. Believe me guys get very naughty ideas when they see neat beds.
    7. Dont waste time roaming around in the city and getting stuck in traffic jams. Make things extremely interesting for him at home.....

All the best

Sirisha

5 people like this.
  10. Hyral

Hyral Gold IL'ite

Thanks a lot ILs for sharing wonderful ideas....
    Am getting bit confused as was planning to ask him to go to beach on sunday as after my wedding we havnt been to beach in mumbai, except visit kovalam beach in Kerala :)
    Act, I do cook regularly on weekends my hubby is big foodie so he keeps suggesting me recipes that he searches on google and send mail to me which I prepare but again being pakka mumma's boy on completion of dish he discusses about the changes required in dish or perfection he finds with his mom...as if she has prepared :( that hurts me....
    Yeah I agree with Sirisha , it is very much required for me to create bond with him....he might be know a bout my college life and childhood memories...but he being less talkative havnt shared with me yet inspite of ask out....how to make him talk? :(
    I'll sure try the tips given by you

Yeah i'll make that as a priority to make him feel comfortable so as he can open up. Again watching romantic movie will be complete no - no for him...
    He doesnt like romantic movies he loves sci-fi,thrillers or any informative movie...on the other hand I love watching Romantic movie...just last night we watched ONE MISSED CALL....it was so scary....i dont like horror movie but yeah , that horror movie kept me glued in his arms :)
    Lets see....am so busy now a days....have to start thinking on serious note especially if need to buy something from outside..

@ Maya - yeah indeed when my in-laws are at home....i dont feel as if i belong to this house...My hubby has taken up house responsibilities from paying EMI to buying stuffs like AC in all rooms, my father - in -law is not contributing may be he doesnt earn much so my MIL is bound to keep my hubby happy but she is over possessive of him and so is my hubby very very close to his mom..He would discuss what to buy , where to buy everything with her and she too talks like....I dont want to buy this in my house.....not saying that now as her son's wife is at home that is me, need to ask ki what all changes u want...she wont ask..so when not there I feel so relaxed...
    at times i feel bad that my DH doesnt even consult me before buying any stuff for our this home...like at ones my MIL would say she doesnt need AC but if my DH wants for our room, my DH has to buy AC for MIL-FIL's room and also in drawing room where grandfather-in-law sleeps.
    I dont mind him getting things for them but should atleast share with me....coz after marriage its not wife money or husband's money its Our money.
    infact he missed sharing with me that he is planning to buy AC for house...which I came to know from MIL....

Ladies does any one has DH similar to mine who is less in talking.... i mean am so bubbly and I gell out well with my set of friends coz they equally open up share...its fun....
    But it becomes tough for me to make him open...
    Daily when he dines, his mom has to sit to serve him....so we dont get privacy at all....am tired of this mummy-son's drama...how to make him realize he needs to grow up and to stop being mumma's boy...

How to make him speak, how to make him share things with me?

Sorry went off track...for the coming week my priority is to bond with him and nt to bring out all this but felt like sharing with you all.

@Saman - Thanks for the ideas, will implement ;-)

Thanks