1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

In every stage of life we miss someone or something

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Jun 10, 2013.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

There is a garden in every childhood, an enchanted place where colors are brighter, the air softer, and the morning more fragrant than ever again. ~Elizabeth Lawrence

In every stage of life we will be missing something or someone. When we enter into teens we miss our childhood days. Those days were the innocent days and everyone used to love us and care for us. We never knew about getting worried as our parents were there to take care of us. There are some who dont have a good childhood. For some its due to financial problems and some have some problem or other. During childhood everyone loves us and if we are lucky we grow up in a lovely atmosphere.

Till we are in teens we enjoy life as it will never come back. Those carefree days, no responsiblities , enjoyment with friends all this we miss when we get married. After marriage we have so many responsbilities and after the children are born there is no time to think of anything else. Till we bring up our children and get them married life goes on and after they are settled only we get time to think of ourselves, our olden times, our childhood , our teenage days etc. etc.

So in life there are constant changes In our quiet moments, we think about the past. How far we have come in life. We think about our strength, our weakness, the best that is going to happen etc. etc.

In old age our spouse will be the person who will be there till the last , who will be there in our joy and sorrows. Friends and relatives will also be there but most of the time its our better half who will be there with us.

For everything you have missed, you have gained something else, and for everything you gain, you lose something else.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

4 people like this.

2. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

So true vijima
    It happens in everyones life....
    As we grow up we realise who we are and what we want...but then we realise others dont share our perspective...
    So all we can do is to keep those wonderful memories and ....move on....

This snippet brought back some childhood memories....and i sooo miss my childhood...:)

1 person likes this.
  3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dinny dear hugs to you for visiting my thread first and giving a like. Glad that my post brought childhood memories. I think childhood days are the best and most of us have sweet memories of our childhood.

1 person likes this.
  4. BHAVNAM6

BHAVNAM6 Platinum IL'ite

My dear Viji,

Such an emotional message carries your post. Each and every word of yours is so true.

Love,
    Bhavna

1 person likes this.
  5. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Thanks Bhavna dear for your visit and liking the post