In dilema which one to select

Discussion in 'Schools/Playschools/Daycares in Bangalore' started by sudhakrishna, Sep 16, 2010.

1. sudhakrishna

sudhakrishna Gold IL'ite

My son is 7yrs old he is doing 2nd standard in an icse school in bangalore. He studied still U.K.G in chennai, We have put him in a renowned school where his basics skills like manners(he is very humble and lovable boy), vocabulary and pronuciation are very good. His teachers are very good and they move like a friend with us.He is teachers boy there.After shifting to bangalore his school is very good with syllabus.Teachers are good and we even meet their prinicpal at any time.(In bangalore in most of the schools parents can't meet the teachers at their wish).I am very much happy with the school except for the spoken english,there is no burden of home work or study things.He also likes the school.But my husband's opinion is different. He wants to put him in a school which has good reputation and good english speaking skill.(his school is there for atleast 10 years).
    Now with my daughter he says he will put her is different school and not in the school of his son.He argues as his foundation is very good he is able to adjust with any environment.Like wise she should be going to good school.Though there is much time i have to decide early because i have to train(??????) her for interview.In my son's school this year only they have opened pre k.g. My son wants her to study in his school only.I don't know to convince my hubby.:bonk

2. Pamela15

Pamela15 Silver IL'ite

Dear Sudha,

As per your post, your son's school is:
    - A renowned icse school
    - His basic skills are very good cuz of the school
    - His vocabulary and pronunciation are very good cuz of the school
    - He is HAPPY
    - Teachers are very good
    - Princi and teachers are accessible anytime
    - No burden of homework etc
    - Spoken english is not very good

I guess, most of the above points are there in each parents list of good school. And this school scores well in 90% of the points. Spoken english can always be worked on, and I guess the school is in the right direction as his vocabulary and pronunciation are already good.

I agree with your son - your daughter should be in the same school! Both you and your son are "settled" in this school, and it will be easier for your daughter now. Also, since you have a good rappo with the teachers/princi, your daughter will definitly feel comfortable and might even get some extra attention from teachers, as your son is already a teachers boy! (This is from personal experience, where one sibling is doing good, the younger one automatically gets attention).

Its difficult to get a good learning environment, where you have almost everything working in your favour! Big school does not garuntee good learning.

If we were in the same boat, we would have put our kids in the same school.

Also Sudha, it would help if you can post the name of the school - as your feedback on this school will help a lot of other parents looking out for schools in Bangalore.

Thank you!

3. sudhakrishna

sudhakrishna Gold IL'ite

Hai pamela madam, i thank you for analysing and putting the things in a point manner.I'll try to convince my hubby in this matter.As you said his teachers are asking him when his sister will be admitted in the school.As you asked i am giving the school's name S.CADAMBI VIDYA KENDRA at BASAVESHWARNAGAR, BANGALORE

4. kusuma

kusuma New IL'ite

Dear Sudha,

Am new to this website and I moved to Basaveshwaranagar recently. Could you please let me know the current reviews of cadami school here as am planning to change my daughter school. Will be very thankful for your reply.