1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

In-dependent Woman

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by tanmayi, Apr 16, 2010.

1. tanmayi

tanmayi Bronze IL'ite

Thanks to you too, Usha!!!. I am relieved now to a large extent, after getting inputs from all of you.

Tanmayi

2. Priyaalagu

Priyaalagu Silver IL'ite

Dear Tanmayi..................count me with you. I had also taken this hard decision of quitting work and become a house wife 4 yrs before. I rejoined work after a gap of 2 yrs after my son was born and now i am in a good position and i should say i did not lose anything in that career break. Infact i gained........... the love of my son and the memorable moments with my son and thanks to my DH for forcing me that option or i might have missed those moments of my sons first smile, first step, 1st crawl & etc........
    I am sure you will not regret for doing this............so enjoy those moments now which you will never get it back instead of thinking what you have done.:thumbsup

3. Tubelight

Tubelight Bronze IL'ite

Hi !
    That was a sincere write up about dilemmas and heartaches that beset working women when they start a family. There is no place here for others' opinions on how you should run your life. Leaving kids with hired help may work for some, personal involvement may appeal to some. Having chosen one path, its better to put the heart into it rather than nursing regrets.

It s wonderful that you have a supportive mother who stands by your decisions. Its great that you did not break away, but accepted what may have been thrust on you in order to keep the marriage working. Like others have pointed out, you can go back to a job, after the child is old enough to look after herself. Perhaps as your husband thinks more about the daughter's independence, he will come to appreciate what you have done and encourage you to pick up and follow your dream again.

Wish you all the very best.

4. Padmasrinivas

Padmasrinivas Silver IL'ite

Dear Tanmayi,

Your post takes me back in time, living in a joint family, so many years ago... a generation ago, one could say! Once the children started school, it became easy to pursue one's interests...

Anyway, where there is a will, there is a way... and perseverence pays, as you have proved...

Wish you all the best,

Love,
    Padma

Last edited: Apr 19, 2010
  5. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Dear Tanmaye

Your decision to leave the job was good. You have asupportive mother also. Now the child needs you and you can enjoy every moment with him and take care of his needs. Later when the child grows up and starts going to school you can take up a job. Till the age of 5 years the child will need the mother. When a situation arises when you are forced to work then you cant leave the job .

love
    viji