1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

In Defence of Arvind Kejriwal

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Balajee, Feb 6, 2015.

1. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Akanksha let us not expect our politicians to be lily white angels. Instead let us see who has the least number of flaws,I listed a whole lot of flaws Kejriwal has in a blog I worte a year ago but even these flaws are fewer than that of his rivals. While we don't havt have moral giants in politics let us not pump for moral pygmies.

1 person likes this.
  2. vrikshakadali

vrikshakadali Silver IL'ite

Well, it seems Delhi has voted and in favour of AAP decisively if we are to go by exit poll numbers. However all the problems remain that Kejriwal said were not possible to solve due to not having full majority.

AAP supposedly resigned as they were unable to pass the Jan Lokpal Bill - we have to see if they will do it this time if they get a majority.

Delhi police is not under the control of Delhi administration and that is the rule with other city states in other countries as well that are national capitals. That might not change also and Kejriwal will have to work around that and not throw in the towel like last time.

Just as fingers are being raised against Kiran Bedi there are issues with Mr Kejriwal's career such as drawing a salary from an NGO while working as govt servant. Going on study leave and then not joining back on the promised date. Requesting Mrs Gandhi to not have Mrs Kejriwal, who is also a govt servant, transferred. In January 2014 as Delhi CM Kejriwal had threatened to disrupt the Republic Day ceremony in Delhi.

AAP is also accused of distributing liquor and money to voters. AAP was born supposedly to fight corruption yet in these Delhi elections 33% of AAP candidates had criminal cases against them. From the ADR (Association for Democratic Reform, that analyses elections and other stats) website -

Delhi Assembly Election: BJP has 27 tainted candidates on list, AAP has 23 | Association for Democratic Reforms
    So not very different from other political parties it seems though they have the habit of accusing all and sundry.

Hope AAP/Kejriwal would behave in a mature manner this time around. We'll have to wait and watch.

1 person likes this.
  3. vrikshakadali

Posting a comment from Facebook - no prizes for guessing Party A and Party B... :)

4. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

All the "taintede" AAP leaders include Kejriwal and other founders of the party and the case against them are solely about blocking traffic disturbing public order during protests. As for liquor thing, the liquor qwas discovered according to varied reports in the lot owned by a candidate's cousin or in the candidate's godown.. Strange that the incident happened few hours after Kejriwal whad said liquor was being distributed in an obvious reference to BJP and Congress. There is every chance that the liquor was planted and the area cop is not known to be well disposed towards the candidate.candidate. If he had violated conduct rules as a government servant action would have been taken against him. And the Mrs.Kejriwal you are talking about is not his wife but his sister in law and there is no evidence that he asked Sonia Gandhi to stop her transfer.

5. indubalram

indubalram IL Hall of Fame

To give mamta a sting, Congress nd sonia started and BJP is now continuing her to gain in west bengal elections!!

6. indubalram

indubalram IL Hall of Fame

kejrival wanted to disrupt Republic day celebration: Reason was when nation is full of corruption, rape,women burnt alive,law and order not for the people,do you guys think just celebrating republic day celebration important.

Not at all. India has to celebrate it with real joy and happiness.

7. vrikshakadali

The point I want to make is Sri Kejriwal has become just another politician - pl check the ADR links I have posted. Already AAP is no better than the parties it accuses of wrongdoing.

1 person likes this.
  8. steve

steve Platinum IL'ite

I noticed a bias from TV (I saw NDTV for an hour or so) for AAP. In the few programs I watched, they shut out the other party spokespeople and gave prominence to AAP. Even when the AAP guy/lady is not speaking, he/she was shown in a more prominent, bigger window than the other people. Some spokespeople were "talked over" by the anchors and in one instance only the AAP spokesperson was intrduced ignoring the BJP guy who is a federal minister and he in fact pointed that out on the program. It felt strange watching it.

9. nemesis

nemesis Platinum IL'ite

well, i don't claim the link to be neutral(in fact, a vehement supporter of BJP), but you can hear the 'other' perspective as well.

MediaCrooks

10. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Steve I agree wit you on this. .Not only NDTV but Times Now also did this, When the exit poll results were out Yogendra Yadav got uninterrupted time ( a very rare thing when it comes to anchor Arnab Goswami( than the BJP spokesperson Sanbhit Patra whose every word was interrupted by the anchor.