1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

In Defence of Arvind Kejriwal

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Balajee, Feb 6, 2015.

1. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Knee jerk decisions? Indic Kejriwal kept more promises in his 49 day regime thab many in their whole five year term. You are 100% correct about KB

2. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

AnjanaG wow you could have made all your comments in one single F. SIndian fishermen keep getting arrested by Sri Lankan Navy and getting freed all the time. I just don't understand where does Modi's achievement come here, And the evacuation was an army job not a policy decision of the government. Moving wrongly parked vehicle by cranes is a normal thing in Delhi and I don't know why that has to be treated as Himalay achievement and allow a senior IPS officer to pat her own back.

3. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Modi firt promised that he would bring back all the black money stashed abroad back within hundred days of taking office. It is none months and he hasnt delivered yet (forgive the double entendre), If any government is sincere about black money getting stashed abroad they should end the participatory notes system that allows the black money from returning to India as money from an anonymous investor through foreign Institutional investor. He should also renegotiate IndoMauritian trade agreement that allows return of black money through back door and its reinvestments escaping from tazxes. You see his promise was ridiculous because black money doesn't stay in swiss banks for ever , It is brought back to India through the two above mentioned methods.If you don't want to do anything about something always appoint a committee or SIT

4. armummy

armummy Platinum IL'ite

The biggest achievement of new PM , his designer wardrobe and sermons by supposed friends telling india to watch growing religious intolerance .

5. armummy

armummy Platinum IL'ite

And it is not even kiran bedi's achievement which she revealed now . she took credit for some one else's work and got all fame as crane bedi. All this fame should have been bestowed on the poor sub inspector who actually did the work.

6. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Delhiconstantly has vans with cranes moving around to pick up vehicles for wrong parking. This itself has become a racketThe cranes are owned by private parties not by police. With ev ery car picked up they get paid a considerable amount from the pocket of the offending driver.This is beside the fine. At least the traffic cop who accompanies the crane gets the cut and I am sure that the money moves upwards.

7. armummy

armummy Platinum IL'ite

i was not sitting silently , I along with scores of others was enjoying the fruits of post liberalization ushered in by MMS .

This govt has an hrd minister who does know difference between a certificate and a degree, has a rape accused and also has people who instigated riots. Most of their policies are renamed policies from ex govt.

the first beneficiary of modis govt is Adani - another side of corruption

8. Akanksha1982

Akanksha1982 IL Hall of Fame

Balajee Sir, The question is of principle. People will offer various things in life. It is for the person to decide to take it or not. AK ridiculed politicians flying in charted planes. But when he was offered, he took it. When he was offered business class, he took it. When Congress offered support, he took it even after swearing on his kids. When a person offers 2 crores, he takes it. I don't believe those 2 crores came without any strings attached. All I am saying is that they should not talk about high principles and ridicule others as corrupt, if they themselves are not following.

For me, I would like to see small things like auto drivers following meters and not fooling the tourists. The shops in Delhi not charging or cheating the tourists. Of all the cities, I have visited, Delhi is the only city where i am afraid to travel or shop alone. I have no issues in Mumbai or Bangalore.

2 people like this.
  9. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

First let me say he didn't ask for Congress support and nor did Congress OFFER to support him. It declared that it would give support to him. What do you expect him to do? Go and beg them not to support him. As for the business class, he didn't spend his money nor the party's but the sponmsors offered him business cdlass. And he therefore is certainly better than KB who travelled economy and that too on a concession for police medal winners and charged business class fares from her sponsors. So who is honest?

10. Akanksha1982

Akanksha1982 IL Hall of Fame

Sir, I am not a fan of KB either. Yes. I do remember that incident. Saying someone is worse so I am good is not the right thing. One should be good on their own. That was my expectation from AAP. I understand the last stint is water under the bridge, but he didn't have to beg to not support him. In Kashmir, NC offered support to PDP and BJP and none of them took it.