1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

In Defence of Arvind Kejriwal

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Balajee, Feb 6, 2015.

1. Akanksha1982

Akanksha1982 IL Hall of Fame

He can file a case in court. Court is not under the central government. Irrespective of the justification of the case, the manner in which it was carried out was pathetic and inhuman. Asking ladies to give samples of urine in the middle of night is barbaric and insulting to any human being. The irony is that the test came out negative.

2. armummy

armummy Platinum IL'ite

Political contributions are kind of bribe which will
    help power hungry people to get elected .

They will influence policy decisions

3. steve

steve Platinum IL'ite

Actually I am glad they don't control police. Any way, he could have had video evidence, he could have wired his people to collect evidence to force the hand of Police or other law enforcement orgs. I don't think Delhi Home Minister lacks that power or influence. Just raising that issue in Delhi Assembly alone would rise the profile of the problem.

His choice of raiding women in the middle of the night with mob is not be something I can support. Did not know that he collected urine samples. Disgusting!

4. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Amummy true he has great potential to be a correctional force against Modi-Shah combine and the Gandhi family business.

5. armummy

armummy Platinum IL'ite

I Don't know about out his potential, we have to watch but I just need some one else other than arrogant bjp to win.

6. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Akanksha I never said AK was perfect. But how do you say the expenses were far more than than lcontributions listed on the website? He has not even organized mass rallies like BJP but prefers contacts with the votrs directly. No big banners or front page ads like BJP but direct contact with people. Does that cost much? He has his flaws but at the same time, he still remains the best bet for Delhi and in the long run, if he is not in a hurry like during last Lok Sabha polls, he has the potential for becoming a major corrective force to BJP and Congress.

7. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

My sentiments exactly parineeta. An anarchist is better than an opportunist.

8. Akanksha1982

Akanksha1982 IL Hall of Fame

You are in a better position than me and it impacts you more than me. I am far away relying basically on the media (TV news and internet). If that are his only expense, then why does he need crores of rupees? I had read somewhere that people were paid to attend his rallies. Maybe it is true, maybe not.

I don't align with freebie ideologies and tall promises. He is not perfect but he belittles everyone and disregards every system. He sweared on his children to not take support of congress, but he did. The image of his last year defiance at RajGhat is well etched in my memory. Calling names to LG as congress agent and then a BJP agent, the person who feed him when he was sleeping on the road was so cheap. Last year he went to Gujarat and didn't pay tolls. These are not the characteristics of a good leader. I like a leader who focuses on infrastructure and growth. Not a fan of Modi, because of his extreme religious ideology, but he has changed the face of Gujarat in terms of infrastructure and business. He asked Tata to set curriculum for cars workers when Tata wanted to open the Nano factory in Gujarat. While building roads, he moved trees instead of cutting them to protect the environment.

He can definitely be a good opposition leader. But giving helm in his hands, I think he will become more arrogant and defiant. I think he will continue to blame the center on each and everything. I don't see how he can full fill his promises with the current budget. Anyway, best of luck to him.

9. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Steve he never claimed to be a "great leader" and it was his law minister and not home minister. The minister then went to the area in his constituency when residents complained to him that drug and vice rackets were flourishing there. He first went to the police but they refused to take any action and he was forced into vigilantism. Let us give him his due, he was a first term minister who was more used to being an activist than an administrator.l So he tried to do it the activist;s way. Later he stood vindicated when the Ugandan High Commission confirmed that girls from that country were lured to India by human traffickers and forced into sex racket.

1 person likes this.
  10. steve

steve Platinum IL'ite

That makes them already victims, Balajee! Poor ladies. This guy being a law minister makes it worse! Don't tell me that he is a lawyer also. :bonkA law minister who doesn't believe in the rule of law and due process? I am shocked. And Arvind Kejriwal supports this guy?

Reminds me of the quote "In democracy you get the government you deserve". The world thinks India is a shining example of succesful democracy. I hope we don't regress.

P.S. And it's always the poor helpless sex workers that a beat constable to Law minister targets to get some credit for being "tough on crime". Shameful! Relatively the constable/police do it in a (relatively)more respectful and less threatening way than this guy/party. Even less invasive if you count the, as mentioned, urine testing!