1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

In Defence of Arvind Kejriwal

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Balajee, Feb 6, 2015.

1. steve

steve Platinum IL'ite

AAP as the name suggets played it to the gallery. Aam aadmi in India gossips a lot, accuses without proof, engages in innuendo, thinks up huge conspiracies and sees everybody and his uncle as corrupt except his/her own corruptness. Argues loudly without facts or proof and just has a "fun day". The party is no different.

2. indoc

indoc Gold IL'ite

Yes, I do mean Kharagpur alumni who are in bureaucracy..
    True, KGP has lost its charm these days.. What can you expect, nowadays most Kgpians are products of coaching centers.. robots with no personality

3. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Very practical suggestions Akanksha. Also instead of harping on Jan Lok Pal over which his government has no authority, AAP should starrt a drive to strengthen the central vigilance commission and make it an independent powerful body instead of the pathetic state it is in now.When we already have institutions to fight corruption why can't we strengthen them instead of harping on creating new bodies? The Jan Lok Pal is one issueon which I differ with AAP guys.

4. nemesis

nemesis Platinum IL'ite

Dear Balajee

Did you notice the Central Vigilance Commission has the word 'central' in it? Then what can AAP's state government do about it then?

Or the agenda for the next agitation in the Delhi streets is already set !?

indoc

Did you include our esteemed member @steve too in that 'robots with no personality' adjective for KGPians? Because the aforementioned member has said that he has spent a considerable time, hence the innocuous question to you.

5. indoc

indoc Gold IL'ite

I am not aware that steve is Kgpian... me not interested in getting in touch with other Kgpians in this forum..
    coming to spending considerable time.. even cheddis has spent considerable time in KGP.. :)

6. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Nemesis, true. What Delhi government can do is to create a Jan Lok Ayukta or some local body to fight corruption.Already they have taken steps to bring an officer of integrity who had acted as a whisleblower while being the vigilance officer of
    All India Institute of Medical Sciences..But Jan Lokpal cannot be created by Delhi assembly because it has an all India ramifications. It is not even necessary because we have institutions like CVC and the Comptroller and Auditor General AAP and the civil society must work to ensure that these bodies are given more teeth and made fully independent with their own investigative arm so that they can remain immune from government arm twisting..

7. armummy

armummy Platinum IL'ite

Other name for gift is bribe to a government employee...for me it is relevant political discussion ,may be for you it is 'relationship with in laws 'discussion.

8. nemesis

nemesis Platinum IL'ite

Congrats. Apart from Rahul Gandhi, TOI, it is you and the OP who keep harping on to the wardrobe issue.

I am certain being a part of that coterie will make you proud, in it's own way!

As for other forum members reading this, here's Modi's inimitable way of deflecting criticism:

Modi's special suit may be auctioned

1 person likes this.
  9. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

The convention is expensive gifts presented to a Prime Minister during his tenure are not kept by him but locked away somewhere. Many premiers have received such gifts but did not keep them.

10. armummy

armummy Platinum IL'ite

Being judgemental, No.

auction- I am celebrity syndrome