1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

In Defence of Arvind Kejriwal

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Balajee, Feb 6, 2015.

1. armummy

armummy Platinum IL'ite

what I read about the salary of PM is around 20- 30 lakhs , so allowances may not be in crores to have to such expensive wardrobe and designers . You don't need to see media reports , just look at his wardrobe when he steps out , it will give you an idea how much importance he places on it , my opinion it is too much . I don't see an able leader , I see a vain leader , again my opinion . I also find his over eagerness to demonstrate closeness to Obama embarrassing .

BJP and modi did question gandhis a lot and called them lot of names too . It is time for him to face questions .we should not bring gandhis or other every time as defense.

yes ,it was effective campaign but I see lot corporate input in it and also the way govt functions , looks like too much corporate influence . Too much advertisement than reality .We will see at the end of 5 years the results of it .

he calls media 'bazaruu ' but most electronic media has already changed its alliance to modi , I don't find any criticism instead they go all out on praise .

regarding religious tolerance , Obama playing to own politics not sure because he is going out in two years and I don't see him gaining any political mileage because of it . Religious intolerance has increased after modi , his owns party and ministers make inflammatory speeches and no one says anything . Actually it may be their strategy , bJp sends out right messages to its own supports and critics will raise words for few days which only helps BJp to position itself .I come from a city where riots used to happen a lot and know how politicians are usually responsible for it .

If there was any benefit to Obama's visit , BJP would have used it to hilt by now and would have spoken about it in every debate . All his visits or other heads of state visita were high on noise , low on deliverables .

2. nemesis

nemesis Platinum IL'ite

LOL. Wardrobe, LOL again. We get the media that we deserve!

2 people like this.
  3. steve

steve Platinum IL'ite

You need a drab and unattractive (austere) wardrobe if you want to give the perception of a "common man" while in fact you are hiding/hoarding ill-gotten 1000s of crores. If you really got nothing in the bank you needn't worry about giving an "austere perception". That's the reason why the other politicians don't dare to look sharp in clothing.

I have heard of politicians saying "even though we are extremely rich we can't show or live it outside the four walls of our home". It's amusing that a PMs wardrobe gets targeted after 68 years of independence and some significant ecnomic achivements.

2 people like this.
  4. anjanag

anjanag Platinum IL'ite

He he has been a CM for 13 years. Let's wait and see. I agree we can't trust any one 100%, but hoping for the best

5. anjanag

anjanag Platinum IL'ite

i guess that's why no one targets Sonia Gandhi. She always comes in a less expensive sari, but god only knows how much she and her family has looted. And no one questions where rahul Gandhi disappears every once in a while or about his foreign trips!

1 person likes this.
  6. anjanag

anjanag Platinum IL'ite

Lets wait and see if his foreign trips will make any difference. I don't think media is friendly to modi. If you look at most of the top tv/media editors, they are very anti modi.

and you are absolutely correct. He can't run away from questions. I really don't think religious tolerance has increased. I feel media is very eager to highlight what is happening now. For example, today, AIB had to apologies to bishop for their roast they did recently and media is quiet. Imagine if this was to bjp or anything remotely connected with majority community, media would have brought in modi into it. I agree bjp has fringe elements, but other parties also have!

7. anjanag

anjanag Platinum IL'ite

Yes, ,I don't feel ashamed. Same Obama went to Saudi Arabia after india and he didn't open his mouth there. MLK also will be ashamed if he hears about ferguson.

1 person likes this.
  8. steve

steve Platinum IL'ite

Just the day before he said that, Congress leaders (Sonia, Rahul and MMS) met privately with Obama for a half hour. Not unreasonable to think that this figured there. I was shocked at hearing this. Usually such things are considered internal affairs to a state unless there is eggregious behavior like Saddam's dealing with Kurds or something like that.

9. armummy

armummy Platinum IL'ite

What Modi's freind Barack listened to congress ..huh ha ..what happened to great freindship.

Yes yes no body should commenting on this but what to do things are such people all commenting.

10. armummy

armummy Platinum IL'ite

Obama himself condemns things like ferguson unlike modi