In current economy where to put savings?

Discussion in 'Money Matters' started by jasinjyo, Aug 18, 2011.

1. ProudIndian

ProudIndian Gold IL'ite

Thanks to you all so much. I apreciate each and every reply.

2. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

pls dont get me wrong....but buying real estate in India (specially lands) is not really safe...atleast in hyderabad or AP I can confirm this.....

FD is the best option I see so far...or else start investing in MFs

3. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

Real estate and gold in India are, in my opinion, now in bubbles. The cost versus the middle class consumer resources are now out of whack. I suspect readjustments are in the future. Time will tell.

Mutual funds are dependent on the stock market: care needs to be taken.

4. ProudIndian

ProudIndian Gold IL'ite

So basically safest is making FDs in India. I checked online for SBI's NRE, NRO accounts. There are differrent types of Fds some convert our $ into ruppe some doesn't. I am just thinking which one is better and if its safe to do from here (online). I am thinking of different options. All suggestions are welcome.

5. Ami

Ami Silver IL'ite

Could anyone inform about the interest rate of India based banks like ICICI, SBI in US?

Thanks.

6. ProudIndian

ProudIndian Gold IL'ite

Dear Ami you can find all relevant banks phone numbers from google. call them and ask them rates on phone. They all have branches in america. Let me also know if you find very good investment.

Srividya

You are right. If we are not living in India buying property there will not be safe investment. My sister bought one flat in India with her hard earned money. while she and husband were working in U.S. Her MIL registered it on her name without telling my sister. Now my sister's BILs are living there. They are not vacating or giving any money to my sister. Now she is fighting long battle to transfer that flat in her name.