In a dilemma

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by beautifulgirl, Mar 27, 2010.

1. beautifulgirl

beautifulgirl New IL'ite

Hi,

I recently joined a software company.I got married earlier.I feel that I am in a sort of attraction towards my senior.He is getting married now.He is genius in Work. I asked him to help me in work. For that he replied that"I too like u in my early stage". i dont know what will happen. I dont know what he thinks about me.I want to avoid all these consequences and grow in life.Please suggest me. Should i leave the job??

2. shrikala

shrikala Senior IL'ite

"i too like you in my early stage" I couldn't understand the context here. did he tell that he liked you initially or did he tell he was also struggling with work when he was new?

Please don't leave job. don't talk to him unneccessarily. just keep your conversations to offical and that too very minimal. there must be other people in your team that you can ask for work help right?

don't share your feelings about this guy with anyone in your office even if they are your best friends. keep it to yourself and be very very conscious of what you say and do in front of this guy.
    this will go away. since you are in software there would be plenty of opportunity for either you or him to get a different project or onsite opportunity. just make sure you don't go to the same project as he is until this attraction is gone.

remember this too shall pass and think about how silly/funny you will feel 6 months or few years down the line about this situation. This will help you not worry yourself and feel guilty now.

3. sofiz

sofiz Senior IL'ite

The feeling you have toward your senior is natural. However, you should not encourage it. Get on with life. Being young, it's easy to get attracted to any Raj, Romeo or Rahul that has hefty muscles or prays at a place of worship regularly or gives interesting lectures or knows his job better than you. You must understand that this feeling will pass and after that you'll feel silly. The sooner it passes, the better. In the mean time, I too suggest not discussing it with anyone, as it could catalyse the attraction. Concentrate on your work and try to spend more time spicing up your married life.

4. sansmomy

sansmomy Bronze IL'ite

I totally agree with Shrikala and Sofiz. I think, you are just infatuated by his looks/experience/efficieny at work/polite behaviour towards you. Dont worry, this is natural. Dont think about it too much, it'll go away as time passes. But as Shrikala mentioned, ensure not to mention it to anybody in the office (it may generate romours) and dont encourage him if he makes any advances towards you.

Jut wait and watch buddy, you'll be laughing on this entire episode 6 months down the line and will be able to lead your life like before.

All the best.