1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Impulsive buying......YOU or YOUR SPOUSE???????

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Gooseberry, Apr 20, 2010.

1. uma321

uma321 Platinum IL'ite

None of us.

If its more than $100, we'll wait for at least a week to find out whether we really need it.

I buy lot of things on sale for FREE or nearly free. So, whenever we travel to India, we give them to relatives and friends. That way we wouldn't have to spend anything for gifts.

I have a budget for each spending. So, can't go more than that.

I was a spendthrift before marriage. But everything ended after coming to US. I'm happy that I have learned some valuable lessons in life that THINGS will not give happiness.

2. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

On Buying Topic:
    I have this question:

Just how many shoes do ya'll ladies need before you are happy? :bonk:bonk

I mean why wont 3 or 4 pairs be sufficient? :rantReally I mean, whatchammacallit?

Poor me, dont I have one sports pair and one formal pair and live happily? (maybe an old leather shoe additionally somewhere packed safely by DW so it does not take up the shoe rack space!)

Have shoes ever been a source of argument in your household? :confused2:

Last edited: Apr 24, 2010
  3. Priya16

Priya16 IL Hall of Fame

SM,

I think the trend was not in india.Only in US the trend buying shoes and dresses.
    Here they market like every day sale.So people whenever they go ,they feel like they are getting something free and tendency to buy more and more.
    In the india the SALE concept was not there.
    In US especially have to dress up lot but not in india.So here in offices they have to trend to buy many many shoes and as indian's since we live in this society will fallow that.

4. coolphani

coolphani Bronze IL'ite

Unlimited...or read it as, as many latest electronic gadgets a guy(like my DH) needs:biglaugh

Why on the earth would he need the latest iPhone when he already has one and it works perfectly?? Why does he need to buy an iPad when he already has a high configuration laptop/desktop??
    Answer: Same reason why I need so many shoes and handbags :crazy

Just trying to pull your leg..take it easy now :crazy

5. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

Err, whats the spiel I give my DW...jogging my mind.

Ok, Electronics are Value-adding things to our lives. They enhance our lives, and each new chockful of features simplify life to allow more productivity efficiently, and that in turn means we have more quality time together. Hence electronics need to be frequently upgraded, whereas shoes not so.

Thank you my Dear (to my DW). Bow

Spiel over.

6. Gooseberry

Gooseberry Senior IL'ite

Spider!!.......Get ready to be caught in your own web!!
    You have not only tried to defend yourself and justify your actions but challenged the majority here!!
    Now, get ready to take the heat!!........:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

7. coolphani

coolphani Bronze IL'ite

:)

Yes, sometimes during our initial days of living together.
    We had a huge walk-in closet and a huge den in our Apt. My shoes and handbags took over the entire den and slowly creeped into my Dh's share of our closet.Also I color co-organized them perfectly.Soon My Dh was pushed out of the closet into a much much smaller closet where we used to store our coats and umbrellas. He was never happy those days because he liked his share of the walk-in closet because it was spacious.He never asked for it but he always started arguing with me over why I would need so many handbags and shoes whenever his friends came over and opened the coat's closet to hang their coats.One day I realized that I was being very unfair and I went out and bought a collapsible wardrobe for my stuff and gave him his share of the walk in closet. I never knew I would be so unfair to a person. I was so obessed with my stuff that I didn't realize I was being unfair to him

Today since he is works away from home he has some very basic stuff in his share of the closet but I never used the vacant space it till now. I don't want to:)

8. coolphani

coolphani Bronze IL'ite

Absolutely Disagree

Spidey,

The reason I give my DH:

Having so many shoes makes sure I match my shirt/formal dress with my shoes to the tee, which makes me look good(not that I am not already:crazy) which partially boosts my confidence. Many ladies here might disagree with me but unfortunately that's how am wired
    A confident coolphani is very happily efficient or a more productive person both at work and at home which in turn affects my personal life with my DH.

My DH gives the same old reason as you give your DW. I retort to him saying instead of the latest electronics
    increasing productivity , increasing our quality time together ..yada yada yada
    like he thinks, they make him lazy (read as slowly making his mind dormant) , source of a future possible argument because we might end up arguing with all the extra energy we might have.It also makes me unhappy and always fuming because he ends up checking out the new gadget and trying it out till he gets used to it
    instead of going out with me even if it's for a short time and
    POP,comes in another newer version of the same gadget into the market and he has to get it and oggle over it again:spin

9. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

Hey - are you my DW in another name lurking around here? :hide:
    If you know Tamil, then I'm going to be very suspicious :) (your financially independent but emotionally (not) dependent stmts also make me suspicious...OMG!)

Verbatim yaar!:idea She counters me exactly with this! :cry:

10. mstrue

mstrue New IL'ite

Priya, Can't blame you.. You have not met my mom yet! :rotfl
    She on any given date will have atleast 25 pairs of high heels. :hide:
    And sarees - oh don't ask me.. Good for her, because my dad has not mastered the art of figuring out which saree is new and which is not. :biglaugh
    And he never bothered to look at her feet. He is 5'10" and it will be a 'task' to bend down to look.