1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Importance of encouragement

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by sreemanavaneeth, Mar 20, 2011.

1. sreemanavaneeth

sreemanavaneeth Gold IL'ite

Our children have the potential to do great things. Often all they need is encouragement, the knowledge that someone believes in them. It isn't hard to be an encourager for our kids. It just takes a commitment to seeing and talking about the great things they do. The below four tips will help us our kids whether they are grown up, small or teen age get the most out of our positive words:

Be specific. Let your kids know exactly what you are praising them for. Saying, "Great job!" is good. Every child likes to hear that. But telling her, "I loved the way you helped your sister in completing her homework," is better.

Touch your children while you praise them. Sometimes we forget how important physical contact is. Kids (and adults) thrive when they get physical affection. While you're verbally praising them, give them a hug, put your hand on their shoulder, or just a pat on the head. It will reinforce your positive message.

Encourage good intentions. Sometimes kids mean to do well, but they don't get it quite right. The result is often a mess that needs to be cleaned. We parents need to recognize a child's attempts to do the right thing, even when the result isn't what they hoped for. Many times all the child needs is a little guidance to achieve their desired result.

Praise your kids publicly and privately. Kids need to know that you are proud of them. You show them your pride when you praise them in front of friends and family. Encouraging your kids privately lets them know that your public praise isn't just a show; it's how you really feel about them. Your deep love and affection towards them will be well identified by them.

Kids make mistakes. They do things that they shouldn't do. Too often, we parents focus on fixing those aspects of our kids' lives. But we need to also recognize all the terrific things our kids say and do.
    It is of constant need of inner world of PROGRESS and outer world of SUCCESS

When a kid or a person feel valued, appreciated and acknowledged they are far more likely to maintain their motivation, confidence and willingness to work hard. They will put in a greater effort into a relationship. They will be more emotionally resilient in tough times. If you want more love give more encouragement. The advantages of providing encouragement are many and far reaching

we’re told about positive re-enforcement when we have children, and how it’s important to catch the little ones doing something good… but we seem to forget that it needs to overflow into all our lives and relationships. I’ve recently started to do this and it not only makes me think about the good things I value about all the people in my life but it really makes a difference to how they feel too

Encouragement is a very good tool to bring success to improvise the knowledge ability to
    complete the task within the stipulated time will bring out the BEST in everybody's life.

ENCOURAGE ME A LOT TO WRITE WITH YOUR VALUABLE COMMENTS!!!!!!!!

2. mssunitha2001

mssunitha2001 IL Hall of Fame

EXCELLENT TOPIC FOR BLOG !!!!!!!!!

Superb contribution !!!!!!!!

"Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around."

Keep writing.....

3. priyaiyengar

priyaiyengar New IL'ite

Nice post reagarding encouragement and channelizing the behaviour of kids. Thanx for sharing your thoughts.
    Priya

4. Malar2301

Malar2301 Gold IL'ite

That was an excellent post on Encouragement. I strongly have a feeling that encourgement stands very supportive for one to grow higher and higher. That is the energy boost!!!

5. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Very nicely written with a hook to the readers in the end. Positively encouraged(!) to give feedback to this Sreema. Thanks. -rgs

6. iniyamalar

iniyamalar Gold IL'ite

An excellent post for all parents.

I read and reread and kept it in my mind. Though these things are something all of us know it takes someone like you to come up with a strong bulletin type message which is like a wake up call ' damn we forgot this'.

:rotflvery nice dear.

I liked it a lot..