1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Impact of Advertisements

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by swathi14, Nov 27, 2008.

1. swathi14

swathi14 IL Hall of Fame

You will agree that 2 minute Jingles are more powerful and enjoyable than a 2 hour movie.

But BEWARE! The Ads play a wrong role in our life.

SHOCKED??? Me too.

Actually I love this jingles and movies. And I am a fan of some Ads. Whenever they are telecasted my children will shout "Amma.. your ad has come".

But recently i came to understand the effect of Ads.

I am afraid of two wheelers and i am frightened to sit in the billion itself. WHen situation compels, I will sit with my eyes closed tightly, holding my 2 hands tightly around my husband waist and my kerchief will be used to tie my hand with a bike. :rotfl( I can see your laughing ) But what to do.. I have this two wheeler phobia.

So, I am not for this 2 wheeler ads. But one ad of "WHY SHOULD BOYS HAVE ALL THE FUN" somehow attracted me and just for these words i started watching this AD.

Initially it was just watching, then I was attracted towards this AD. Then I started dreaming my face on the model's face and enjoyed the AD. But suddenly, the thought of having a own 2 wheeler striked me. But being in a middle class - planning for every penny, we cant go for it immediately and my Hubby told that we will get one in the new year with some new year offer.

But 2 days before, when Chennai was flooded with water, one of my bus colleque just commented that, we should have our own 2 wheeler - instead of waiting for this bus - crushed in the rush - walking all alone in the rainy water ... Hearing this there is a sudden mind change in me. I got frustrated that even my wish of having a 2 wheeler is not materialising immediately.

In a mental depression I went home. When I reached home, they were enjoying TV with some snacks. Seeing this I bursted out in Anger that "Nobody bothers about me. Without any care, you are enjoying here. Nobody even takes pain to enquire me".

Everybody kept quiet. But I could not control my tongue and told that "how many times I am telling u that I want a 2 wheeler? (But in reality that day only I started that topic).. You people are using my money only. only in death my dreams will be fulfilled"

But I know that it all bcoz of a frustration but that day went like a hell for me

2. roopadadia

roopadadia Silver IL'ite

Yes Wsati, the impact of ads is so great...that many a souls are fooled by them. I love to watch these ads...but do not let myself get influenced by them.

Seeing the Pune traffic, we advice people not to go on 2 wheeler as it is very risky. Even if you are a safe motorist what if someone comes and hits you?? I am not trying to frighten you...but the fact remains.

3. yenetishashi

yenetishashi Senior IL'ite

hi swati,

do u think all your frustration and reaction of yours is because of 2 weeler ad in tv??
    by the way do u know drving a two wheeler or cycling ??
    even i love to see ads rather than actual programms on tv,they are quite intresting and eye catching ,but dear we must not carried away by them............ SEE AND ENJOY.......WHAT U WILL SAY..........

4. Jenz

Jenz Bronze IL'ite

Hi Swati

Guess the frustration was not because of advertisement but more due to waiting for the damn Chennai Transport!

Those with two-wheelers had their share of problems too in flood time...so just the other side is greener appearance!

Yes...Ads do have a great impact....thats why they are there! Some of them are really good ads while some others not. That's a separate topic to speak though.
    Enjoy your ads!

Cheers!
    Jenz

5. bhavani66

bhavani66 New IL'ite

hi,
    I am from a village in mangalore settled in chennai.My husband insisted that I learn 2 wheeler driving & after learning got me a vehicle.This has given me immense courage & confidence in life.Though I minimise my driving to limited areas,I feel independant. Now I realised the importance of a vehicle with us,ladies.
    What I would conclude is that we are not driven by ADs but by NECESSITY.
    So please convince your hubby telling the importance of a vehicle,buy,learn properly & drive & live happily without brooding which leads to B.P,Diabetes & other compljcations