1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

imaginary story based on otherwise good incident

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by tuffyshri, May 25, 2009.

1. tuffyshri

tuffyshri Gold IL'ite

Today DH has night duty. He knows very well that I am very very afraid to be alone and especially in dark. And so far after our marriage, I have forced him never to leave me alone in the night time. I can manage up to 9 PM but not beyond that. He plays lot of tricks to ensure that my fear is going away. So based on that, today I gave my consent to him that I will stay alone at night and he can continue at office. he was doubtful however. But out of some gut ego, I confirmed him that I will be alright. so here I go.. it is only 7 PM and I am done with my cooking. Happily watching TV with all cartoons, hindi songs, english sit-coms, movies, what and all I will not be able to see otherwise in his presence. I just can’t believe the power of holding remote and keep switching channels, gee... silly me! Oh being alone is great, I thought.

At 8 PM finished dinner and by the time finished all the chores it was 9 PM -- by deadline. oh I am just fine, I told myself. Watched still more movies. I slowly starred up the ceiling and beyond the stair case that goes to the first floor. I thought some shadow is there -- intuition! My foot! There is nothing I console myself.

Then around 10 PM, I switch off TV to end up into a very calm house. As I uttered oh god, it banged back on me -- echo! I turned on all the lights on my way to the bedroom at first floor. And went back to the hall and restarted to switch off all the lights as I go up. :) Then closed the bedroom door and lied down. Took out some random book. it turned out to be a crime story of some Rajesh or Rajendra kumar. The page I opened depicted a scene where the heroine was alone and somebody was jumping at ... ok, bad time to read this. I closed the book and turned off the light. Closed my eyes and tried to get some sleep.

ok, what and all I did today.. hmm.. work.. then came home.. call from DH that he will not be home.. then watched movie.. mummy! mummy! why on earth the scary face of that mummy am I thinking. let me think of the cartoons instead. uh oh! there goes the skeleton in he-man. let me switch to sit-coms, haa! feeling better. wait! what is that noise I heard? I give a close look to realise that the books next to me are fluttering. damn, I keep them under the pillow. now, I am fine, closed my eyes. tick-tick-tick-tick, what the heck is that? I concentrate and oh it is just the clock ticking. how am I used to it but never realised so far! drop-drop-drop-drop. ok, now what?? I listen carefully to hear the bathroom tap not closed properly. I curse myself. search for the cell phone, no it is not there. oh I left them in the hall. ok let it remain there. but what if something happens and I should make an urgent call - so urgent that I cannot run down but should remain under the pillow. I dash up, and do the ritual of turning on all the lights on my way, locate and pick the mobile and do the turning off thing. I try to recognize the usual rooms to be as usual and nothing strange. ok happy. should I leave this bedroom door open so that if something happens at downstairs I will be able to realise it? or should I just keep it closed so that I dont realise whatever happens there? what if someone just kills me behind the closed door. I will better open it. but confined room will reduce my fear.. ok enof... let me keep the door open so that the huge krishna statue on the wall outside is visible for me. I lie down. drop-drop-drop.. damn, I never closed the tap. did that and lie down.

No problem for next few minutes, only fan's noise. tsk..tsk..tsk.. my blood gushed. whats that noise now? I pay attention and realised it to be of the lizard. of all the days why are you shouting today, my worst enemey mr.lizard?? let me say kandhar-sashti kavasam and close my eyes. so many scarry things in the sloka, better change the sloka to sahasranama. I am not reciting that sloka for quite sometime. as I recite it, I realised that I was coming to the same track after few lines again and again. ok, hanuman chalisa.. that went quite fine and I feel ok. power cut! my goodness me... ok what is the point in getting up and litting a candle. let me just lie down.

I lie down to realise that it was 12 AM. all the horror movies I can think and never have watched flashed in my mind - sixth sense included. and am here all alone while the public grave yard is just far from here and could actually be seen from here bcoz there is no building between. what if.. what if.. some spirit keep flying and land up in my bedroom. god....i grab the small krishna in my pendant and do prayers, while I cover my entire body with the blanket. I dont know how long I remained like that, in this hot summer I am suffocating like anything. realize that the power is back by hearing the fan's noise. ok come what may, I need fresh air, damn. I pull out the blanket to realise really nothing was going on but only my own illusions. but wait! I hear noises in the front porch downstairs. I freeze! someone is **really** coming towards my house. hear key bunch noise. oh my god! my stomach churns away. click.. someone has really really inside my house now. what on earth. all my sanity washed away. I went white and nothing comes out of my mouth as I want to scream. I thought I would faint away when the lights turned on. I quickly turned around to see if there is any self protection that I can hold to but there was nothing. meanwhile I hear my hd calling out my name and coming up towards me. uh oh god!!! I sit down crying and crying while hd consoling. I cry there because I am happy, sad, angry, anguished, ashamed, idiotic, what not!! why the hell am I a coward...!

2. swathi14

swathi14 IL Hall of Fame

Hai..

Hilarious as well as suspense thriller blog. What we can hear from 9 pm to early morning - which we never paid attention when we have a company....

very nice.

andal

3. Shrikha

Shrikha Senior IL'ite

Hello,
    I felt you are writing about me, I am exactly like the way you described in your blog. And also I sleep alone ofcourse along with my 7mnths kid as my DH is in Delhi right now. Though my in-laws sleep in the other room I am so scared at nites. Its been 2 mnths and am still not able to sleep alone, but I do not prefer my MIL's company either.

By the way nice blog, I felt wow I have some who is exactly like me.

4. Saswati127

Saswati127 Senior IL'ite

Even my husband is also working in night shift, and its been more than a year that I am staying alone at night. Before I go to sleep, I make sure that I have locked all the doors well, (its very funny, but a fact) that I switch on my TV for the whole night, otherwise I am not able to sleep. Moreover, I also make sure that the lights of my drawing room is also put on.