1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

im staying alone with inlaws/DH gone abroad

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by amazing, Feb 19, 2010.

1. amazing

amazing New IL'ite

Hi, my husband and me used stay without my inlaws. but my inlaws had come for the cataract operation, but my husband had to leave india for his office work at least for 6 months even i was prepared that i will not be going as he has gone for short period,but the problem is that the day he has gone im not able to stay and feeling lonely that to with my inlaws, i have to stay with them until there operation gets over atleast one and half month. i am not working as i stay in home itself feel bored, im in big fix. i know there is no solution i have to stay i cant go to my mothers place also, my husband said he will apply visa after my IL operation gets over he is pure veg he has having problem with food so i am bai no so he is thinking of that. how mean, he did not even think before going, left me alone. Please advice how to spend these one and half month. one more thing i want to add i have not gone to my mother place not more than week in these 3 yrs.

2. Drpreethis

Drpreethis Gold IL'ite

You say your inlaws have come down for a surgery, so it was onvious that with or without hubby, you had to attend to them.

What were your plans in mind if your hubby was around ? Nothing much I suppose.. since your inlaws had gone through surgery , the first few days, someone needs to be around them, isnt ?

But, if it is just one of the PIL who is going throug the surgry then, I hope the other person is around. So, do your chores around the house and go meet some friends. You cannot anyways go outside city isnt ?

So, the whole thing here is not about inlaws being around or spending time with them.. it is all about " missing husband and not knowing what to do without him " .. You must have assumed that it could be handled, but now
    you feel lost. It is just a matter of few days isnt ? Find something to do.. at your interest.

WHy your hubby wants you around him, you need to ask him. Even if it is food.. maybe you can look at it this way " it is what YOU cook " ! :)
    Do not read between lines and stress unnecessarily !

3. amazing

amazing New IL'ite

Thank u preethi,
    I think its true, feeling good now.

4. ShilpaMa

ShilpaMa IL Hall of Fame

Amazing.... I would have titled this as
    " im staying in crowd with inlaws/DH gone abroad" :rotfl

How can you feel lonely & bored when inlaws are around? Mine keep me on toes & I really enjoyed their first stay with us immideatly after marriage when my DH was yet to join me. FIL was reserved but MIL took a lot of care for me, I was working & also appeared for a professional exam & they always took interest in it.

Yes we are maids post marriage & bigger maids+ nannies post babies... take it lovingly as long as you feel wanted in this house.

Take it positive and enjoy their stay in whatever way you can.. even small good memories are worth to recall at a later stage. Go to parks, malls & be happy that as soon as they leave post operation you can go to your parent's place and stay with them till your husb arrives or gets your VISA.

5. RadiantCat

RadiantCat Gold IL'ite

Indian marriages are between families. I wonder why the word in-laws are so evil in every other context. I accept some are really cruel, and not all. In the OPs case I believe it is common in any marriage when the man goes abroad, the lady must wait. She must be happy the husband wants her and is asking her to live with the inlaws. In the current context it is deduced that the inlaws have moved in only for their health problem and nothing beyond. Isn't it a duty to take care of the old when they have a problem.

As mentioned in one of my posts, some don't know the value of what they have!

Last edited: Feb 25, 2010