I'm pregnant!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by sanravi_1970, Sep 26, 2007.

1. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Re: Pregnant again!!!!

Hi Anitha,
    This topic always comes to debate. I was really scared when i see the first post, i know it will take all tangents!

I have seen all your posts from the day one you joined IL. I know what you have gone through. I too won't recommend you to continue the pregnancy, it would be a worst experience to handle them then! Hope you will be able to manage!

To the people who is on debate: This is her situation, only she & her family knows the difficulties she face. Only she need to carry the baby & face all the things around her. She need to raise another baby who is preterm. We just can advice & watch. Only she need to live with it. Please leave the decision with her.

P.S: I am also starving for my own baby for few years. This doesn't mean i can force somebody to continue the pregnancy when they are in trouble! Please stop debating on this!

2. tikka

tikka Gold IL'ite

Anitha, for many women the periods does not start as long as they are breastfeeding (lactational amenorrhea). For many women it only starts after the child starts weaning and cuts back on breastmilk considerably. Folk wisdom is that women who are breastfeeding will not get pregnant, but that often ends being proved wrong. It is sad your doc did not prescribe you a pill, but there are other non-hormone barrier methods like condom or diaphragm or condom and non-hormonal IUDs. In case other new moms are reading this.
    Vasumathy, what you have said here is very laudable. Very often many of us forget that our value systems may not be applicable for everyone and that should not mean we cannot offer the support the poster requires. I appreciate your post here.

3. radhaparth2000

radhaparth2000 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Anitha,

Hope you have considered all aspects before taking the decision.
    I really do not have any say whether your decision is right or wrong as I feel you would have taken this after considering all aspects. I feel your health should be your first priority. I hope you recover and regain your health back very soon.

4. AnithaPartha

AnithaPartha IL Hall of Fame

Thanks Vasumathy.

Thank you all other dear ladies.
    Tomo 12.30pm am going to take this procedure. Am little scared & worried since couple of days. They have asked me not to eat anything the before day 12am till next day. Let me see how it goes. Am happy in one way that I have my parents & MIL with me for support. But MIL will be leaving in 2-3days. This is 1st time am undergoing such a critical time in my life. Thanks for all your wishes.

Any ladies who have undergone this procedure, please feel free to throw some light on it.

Thanks for not debating anymore.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2010
  5. rosary

rosary Gold IL'ite

dont worry about the procedure ...
    you are asked to go empty stomach cos , the procedure would be done under general anesthesia ....
    and by evening if you should be awake and can go back home .

6. AnithaPartha

AnithaPartha IL Hall of Fame

Rosary,

Did you feel any pain?
    Oh only evening I will get my consciousness back?

Adding - were you allowed to eat normal food after procedure? or did you had only water or some liquid food only

7. rosary

rosary Gold IL'ite

no i did not feel any pain ... and was discharged by late evening ....
    though little tired ...
    may be cos it was GA and no side effects to the procedure .... i have totally forgetten about the procedure or if something like this was done to me ...

but i would suggest you to talk to your gyn about all the after effects and post operative care that needs to be taken , as each person is different and body takes a surgical procedure in a different way .

there are certain side effects that i was warned about ... like nausea , dizziness .. etc
    but luckily i didnot get any .

you may be awake earlier also but may be disoriented
    you ll asked to pee before being discharged , just to ensure your system is working perfect .

8. rosary

rosary Gold IL'ite

you may be given something too drink after the procedure and when you are fully awake ..

i dont remember if i drank anything in the hosp... but at home , i was given soft food that night and next day onwards i was on normal diet ..

you may feel very cold after the procedure and may need a blanket ...

as i said earlier ... ask all your queries to the gyn before the procedure , to be aware of what all you could face after the procedure .

9. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

In future, please use protection. THANKS !!!

10. tanya2

tanya2 New IL'ite

The procedure is vey simple...u won't feel any pain and will be conscious within one hour...they will offer you some colddrink, water or ginger ale with some crackers afters waking you up. After 15-20 min you can go back home but you surely need somebody to drive.

I had constipation and nausea as side effects of the procedure, so drink lot of water and take fiber-rich diet after the procedure. Good Luck!