I'm pregnant!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by sanravi_1970, Sep 26, 2007.

1. lavii

lavii Gold IL'ite

Re: What is mother's instinct telling you ?

ya defnitely girl would be anyones first choice

2. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

Hiiii All

My dream was always to get a girl baby.As soon as i got pregnant,lot of people were telling that it would be a boy.Whenever me and my hubby(even before i got pregnant) seek blessings from some old people or any pujari's who visit home or we see in some functions,they always say " u ll get a boy first for sure"...I used to feel bad becoz there was not even one soul who was on my side.Even during the baby shower day,wen my hubby was saying some sloka for me and baby, the pujari told him that i would say for sure 100-200%,that its a boy.All thro my pregnancy , the same continued,even though both our parents were ok with any baby,the soft corner was always towards the boy baby.

But i used to keep saying,no it is a girl.But after 4 -5 months, i stop thinkin abt the gender becoz i tot in case if its a boy ,that thinking can make the baby feel bad.I also asked my hubby not to call out saying da or di when speaking to the baby.

But atlast i won...Yipeeeeeeeee

Delivered a Sweet Angel on Aug 22nd 2009

Last edited: Apr 20, 2010
  3. lavii

lavii Gold IL'ite

thats so sweet swaran your mothers instinct came true and you have an angel now

4. Godschild

Godschild Silver IL'ite

Lavi,

A really nice thread.

I want a baby girl and so my instincts are pushing for the same :)
    But all my relatives are saying that its gonna be a boy as my horoscope says so.
    I secretly wish my instincts do come true. :thumbsup

P.S: Your avatar's very cute.

5. shrutidunwoody

shrutidunwoody Bronze IL'ite

Re: Is smear test safe during pregnancey?

Pap smear test is not a painful procedure but i am not sure whether it is safe during pregnancy. But since the doctor has suggested it , she knows better. You tell her about your concerns and worries. Also get a second opinion too.

6. Dilchahtahai

Dilchahtahai Senior IL'ite

Re: Is smear test safe during pregnancey?

Different people may have different opinions about 'pain'. I think Pap smear is a relatively low pain test but not completely pain less, specially when you are pregnant and all sensitive down there.
    My Gynec is going to do it at 8 weeks for me and said it was safe (to check if all is well with cervix).
    However, I agree that at 33 weeks, you may want to check and have a second opnion. I feel it should be safe (because they just take a scarp of skin from your cervix and I have had worse done to me when I was pregnant first time : in order to see if everyhthing was alright.) So, just taking a scarp of skin should be ok.
    But you should take a second opinion.

7. lavii

lavii Gold IL'ite

Godschild
    wish your mothers insticnt comes true ,when are you due btw ?

Last edited: Apr 21, 2010
  8. Cindhuja

Cindhuja Gold IL'ite

I love to have a boy and my hubby wants a girl :)..At times when i come across the cute little dresses and accessories for girls even i feel like experiencing them :wink:..Letz see...By looking @ me most of the people comment that i gonna have a boy :thumbsup

9. lavii

lavii Gold IL'ite

Cindhuja
    true even i want a boy as i am the only child at home we dont have boys and i am longing to have one
    but when i see dresses in stores for gals and little clips and other accessories i too feel having a girl will be sooo nice i can become a beautician :)

10. nagarathna.82

nagarathna.82 New IL'ite

Hey all,

Congrats to all the preggies out there. Im in my 8th month now, most of my pple are telling that I am going to have a baby boy, even I feel the same. If I look at my face in the mirror, I feel like crying coz my face has become dull, dark and nose has become big.:-( As this is the first time, my in-laws also wants a boy.. my hubby too... Even Im wishing for a baby boy only, but whenever I see those cute dresses & ribbons & bangles.. I feel that I should have a baby girl only.. Need to check what God has decided for me... will have to wait till June 18th... :roll: