1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

(im) Perfect Day

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by jskls, May 14, 2019.

1. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:@Cheeniya @satchitananda
    For me - A like button click for an FB from stalwarts. Heart warming. Thanks from bottom of my heart.
    God fills hearts with warmth in words and deeds and LIKES.

satchitananda likes this.
  2. Agatha83

Agatha83 IL Hall of Fame

Dear jskls,

Reading your snippet was like finding an oasis amid a simmering desert. Here in Chennai when all the lakes have gone bone dry, when there is not a drop of water anywhere, where you can find people loitering around with huge plastic pots for that elusive water, your vivid description of a beautiful pond, white swan, a wild flower, was just like looking at a Ravivarma painting, coming alive.

As Jayasala has rightly said there are scores of women toiling hard for the sake of their children, and for such people Mother's Day is like any other day. My mother is not even in a position to either acknowledge or appreciate my greeting due to her dementia problem. thinking about the welfare of one's mom or helping her when she is in distress is a great way of celebrating this day throughout our lifetime. A beautiful writeup.

Agatha83

jskls and Cheeniya like this.
  3. girvani

girvani Platinum IL'ite

Dearest @jskls

You have written such an important message in a poetic way. My love to you and the lady you have met. You have made the day for that lady.
    When I grow up we didn't have any of these and now everything becomes commercial. Love for a mother never decay, some show explicitly and some do not know how to express. I miss my parents so badly and they are far away to visit often and too sick to speak over the phone. Still, I get joy hearing their voice. My father hallucinates and he tells stories which we can't comprehend but I listen to him eagerly as I know these last moments are the ones I am going to treasure until my end comes. At times, it is lonely but reading yours and fellow illites experiences makes me happy and content. Thank you.
    Vani

jskls and Viswamitra like this.
  4. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Belated Birthday wishes to Mrs.V too. Thanks for your sincere prayers Viswa sir. I had seen my dad wish and be happy for others if he’s not able to celebrate the occasion and I have learnt to be that way too.

Viswamitra likes this.
  5. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Thanks @jayasala42 madam for your feedback. Yes so true for many it’s just another day. Agree with you on your views.

6. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Dear Periamma thanks for sharing comforting words.

I am not sure about that anymore. Probably the woman’s family didn’t believe in those things. We do notknow.

7. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Dear @Thyagarajan sir
    Thanks for your beautiful feedback
    You brought smiles ... :) :)
    Wow ... never thought of this. All mothers are same at heart.
    true statement. Any moment a Mother’s love fills the heart or her thoughts crosses the mind is a moment to celebrate.

Thanks for your God Quotes sir. As I had replied in one of your thread please compile all your God Quotes in a single thread. Would love to read them together

Thyagarajan likes this.
  8. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Such a cute kid. Enjoy these lovely moments and build beautiful memories. Thanks for sharing.

messedup likes this.
  9. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Dear @Afresh

Thanks for a wonderful feedback. Can’t agree more on many things you have stated clearly and beautifully.

Thank you

This is exactly what I was trying to say. It was the expectation followed by disappointment that resulted in anguish. I have just read about the Dowry system but no experience with extravagant weddings in the family but it’s still sad.

completely agree

yes if such occasions are commercialized it loses the original importance of why it was created in the first place. Thanks Afresh

Afresh likes this.
  10. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

There’s a week dedicated in September for housekeeping. Truly their services needs to be appreciated

such a thought provoking question. Feel sad

Thyagarajan likes this.