1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

I'm Not Going To Throw These Sweatpants Away

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by zipzipzoomzoom, Jun 24, 2012.

1. zipzipzoomzoom

zipzipzoomzoom Gold IL'ite

Ok, I found a great pair of sturdy, stylish sweatpants at a JCPenny clearance nearly 10 years ago.

These are my favorite to wear around the house.

These sweatpants have a drawstring that adjusts to the waist, and many pockets to keep things (although I'm not sure what to keep in my pocket, as I wear these sweatpants when I am home).

For the past two years, they have begun to tear and get worn out.

About a few months ago, I had someone repair these tears by ironing on patches.

My worthy sweatpants looked brand spanking new and were more sturdy than ever.

Now for the past few weeks, these sweatpants are starting to get worn again, and I refuse to part with them.

Have any of you had an unusual attachment to your clothing, particularly clothing you wear for home? Have family members urged you to replace it, yet you refuse to do so because you are so attached to your article of clothing?

2. tuffyshri

tuffyshri Gold IL'ite

YES! Several. The best one was my maternity jean. It was so comfortable as it could hold my belly irrespective of the paunch level :D My DD is 5 years and am still saving it though it worned out on the knees. I am pregnant now with second one, wanted to use it. But when I searched for it, could not find it. My DH told me that he threw it away when we shifted house 3 months back and that I wouldnt part it if I was informed :(

3. zipzipzoomzoom

zipzipzoomzoom Gold IL'ite

Noooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!

Hope you can find another comfy pair :)

4. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Zipzipzoomzoom,

I know that feeling not because I have the same feeling but I live with someone who preserves things for life. She still has the first tooth that fell from my son's mouth, first toy, his first photograph, first outfit, etc.

Viswa

5. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi zzzz,

I too have two such pants :) i bought them during my second pregnancy, they have soft elastic wasteband with strings, so are quite adjustable. I still have them and my dd is going to be 5 soon :)

Akila

6. knot2share

knot2share Gold IL'ite

The story of our lives! Yes, I have them too but will not dare to elaborate more on them. I just need to be mindful of them when I travel to visit folks home in India! Now I will leave you to your imagination :-D.