1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

im always SCARED...

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by headspin, Jun 26, 2011.

1. headspin

headspin Bronze IL'ite

friends, here with a concern. nothing major but more to do with me. i think i need help, but first help me realize whats the reason..

life is good overall. loving parents/dh/in laws and im satisfied with everything. except myself.

since the time DS was born (19 months back) - i have become very negative person. im scared of every little thing. i keep getting thoughts of someone or the other dying, getting hurt, meeting with accidents, etc etc.. and due to this, im scared most of the times.

so much that i dread travelling anywhere even post 7 pm, visiting folks/relatives, etc etc. i have become over cautious with my DS. im always instructing everyone around me to be 'careful' or watch DS. nothing bad with that i know - but back of my mind its again my fear which is making me say and do things.

i really dunno what to do and how to handle this fear. its really affecting me very badly - im never happy when im away from my home . im used to my house and life there. and anything that gives even a little discomfort to me or DH or DS, i get worried.. i actually dont feel happy anywhere i go. i feel insecure...

now im visiting folks for a week, but frankly im missing home. im not liking it here. i feel guilty and bad for my mom who was waiting so long to meet me. she too says im over cautious with DS and need to chill. but im feeling depressed..

pls help me friends - how to handle or come out of this. all i lknow is - i have become like this only after DS was born, maybe i have too much fear of losing/hurting /ds/DH..

is it natural?? how do i come out of it???

2. rosenav

rosenav Silver IL'ite

I think you still have the postpartum blues , i have a yr old DS ..thrust me i know what you going thru... i have the same feeling always when he was 6mnts it got very intense , I could nt leave DS even fr a min fearing something might happen to him ... and I used to get very teary and upset when i used to on news /Internet abt child abuse.

When things started to get bad to worst I started to go counselling they sd i might be going thru PPD , It really helped me to come out of the negativity,things are lot better now:)

Do sum yoga it really helps to calm your muscles , and leave your DS with a trusted family member and have a datenight , all these helped me to come out that over protection feeling.

3. mickeymini

mickeymini Gold IL'ite

I dont know if this is very common after delivery, even i had some problem like this. But it is ok now to some extent.