1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

IL's first visit to US and Gift ideas

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by Imblessed, Jun 3, 2014.

1. Imblessed

Imblessed Bronze IL'ite

My in laws are here in US for the first time with us. Their 35th wedding Anniversary is approaching. I need some ideas as to how to celebrate it? They have their regular fast in the morning but in the evening they can eat regular food. They are very simple, more into religious and spiritual activities. I am of course planning to cook something special, apart from that what do you ladies suggest? TIA.

2. YoGirl

YoGirl Gold IL'ite

Take them to a temple and perform archana on their name and at the same time donate some to charity. You can gift them a photo frame(non-digital if possible) with a group photo or their wedding photo so that they can keep it now and later take it to India.

2 people like this.
  3. JustMyself

JustMyself Gold IL'ite

1. Since they are into Spiritual, you could plan to donate food / prasad to people in the temple. Choose weekends for this activity, so there would be more crowd.

2. You could all go to Picture People and take pictures. (and present a copy later)

3. If your budget allows get something in Coral / Emerald / Jade. These 3 are the precious gems associated with 35th anniversary.

sindmani and Imblessed like this.
  4. Imblessed

Imblessed Bronze IL'ite

Thank you Ladies... I will look into these possibilities..

5. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

Sister Imblessed,

Since your parents in law are spiritual inclined people, however big or small the gift item be, place it in a Tambhoolam with fruits, dry fruits, sweets, decorated in a Thali, the first thing in the morning when they are all set into celebration, offer it to them and seek their blessings (by doing namaskar) which the best gift which would be etched in the memory and would be super thrilled.

You may doing it on some occasions but that would be a special one, JMO.

BTW have you changed your avatar picture, May Baba guide you always, SAIRAM

sindmani, Imblessed and MaliniHari like this.
  6. MaliniHari

MaliniHari Gold IL'ite

1. Gift them some religious books
    2. Some people have a craving for beads like rudhraksha. you may get them.
    3. Some religious CD/DVDs
    4. Temple is a good idea!
    5. Arrange for a simpler party at home.
    6. Well, I would suggest. Take them to a restaurant. Take another table and let them both have some time together. Don forget to click pictures. Frame it and give when they return to india as your gift!
    7. If possible, make an album of their moments and gift them .
    8. Some personalized gift - coffee mugs
    9. You could also book some pilgrimage via some travels in India and gift them that.

Good luck!

1 person likes this.
  7. Imblessed

Imblessed Bronze IL'ite

Thank you SaiSakthi ! Yes, we would do that for sure. Ohh you remember me.. thank you :) No, I haven't changed my picture just not so active these days...

Thank you MaliniHari... Yeah, We thought about the religious books, it is a very good idea but it is hard to find regional language books in the US.