1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Ils Biased Nature Hurting Dh

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by smilingdoll, Sep 17, 2018.

1. SinghManisha

SinghManisha Platinum IL'ite

It is bad parenting when you hand a “child” chocolate when his teeth are rotting. When a full grown adult that is married and has kids is squandering away money you stop giving him any ! It’s like giving a fully loaded gun to a monkey. Such a irresponsible man should not be married in the first place but that is a whole another discussion.

@nakshatra1 I think you are right . Telling the parents to set aside money for their old age is ideal. Make them aware of the costs . Also let them know that with the OP’s own loans and expenses they cannot contribute too much.

2. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Very true. Supporting a son with their money is their wish. But they should try to understand that there is one more son too , he also has family. And expecting first son’s family for the other sons luxury is not acceptable.
    And firstly parents should secure their future first. Can not depend on any kids when they themselves are financially well off.

Obviously any son will feel that he is being ill treated by his parents. Even DIL will feel that all luxuries are being provided for the other son , whereas these people have to struggle hard for everything.

smilingdoll likes this.
  3. BerryPine

BerryPine Gold IL'ite

This is no good.

smilingdoll likes this.
  4. BerryPine

BerryPine Gold IL'ite

I have said that the bil fails to value the parental support every time.

smilingdoll likes this.
  5. Minion

Minion Platinum IL'ite

That’s a mild statement the parents have spoilt him and now they are trying to save their face by doing temporary fixes

[​IMG]

6. Vedhavalli

Vedhavalli Platinum IL'ite

Be Happy they are not asking your or DH money!!!! Hope not ILs fund all thier money and come to you.
    It's a good decision that Your DH don't talk to his parents. Anyone in his place would do this.
    Support DH , finish off loans.
    In any relatives/ family friend function subtlety let people know how ILs treat you people.
    Because some parents hide in front and behave both are ram-laxman.
    Cancel BIL aadhar card by going to aadhar office.
    Also verify if he has given address proof as your place.
    Tell DH not to sign any bond or gurantee signature for banks, financial institution or money lenders.
    Keep DH happy, don't fill his ears with more your mom did you dad did.

It hurts a man when own parents choose to biase.
    Take care , god give you more strength.
    Lastly never ever consider inlaws as parents I keep getting bad treatment despite I gift gold , gave away 25 laks, plots , incurred debt for her daughter.
    My case is worst , my SIL doesn't spend a rupee for food, shelter. She saves all her and DH money.lives with her parents. My FIL call only when they need money.