1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Illusions. Real Or Virtual?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by satchitananda, Jan 2, 2018.

1. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Hi Sats!
    There is a blizzard outside and I am snowed in. So had time to read your post and think about it, again. Also read the lovely responses.

People's outlook is changing. Every generation draws new lines on social etiquette and interaction.

I am thinking in similar lines to @Srama .

These are just one sector of the population Sats! There are other much pleasanter interactions also with folks with whom we can discuss so many positive things. Right from food, to films, to global warming. I have not only gotten a glimpse of different view points, but have learnt a lot of new things.
    Therefore not all can be negative with interacting with people face to face.

TRue.

There are other advantages in the real world such as noting their body language, their vocal modulation, to determine whether the person is serious, or joking.

As someone mentioned, in the virtual world the advantage of anonymity allows people to share much more than they would in the real world.

In my balance the face-to-face interactions still weigh more favorably than the virtual world.

shyamala1234 and Srama like this.
  2. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Dear Satchi,
    Most of the people have drifted far away from the real world and are totally engrossed in the virtual world. Whether there are two people in a room or four people all are busy with their tablets or smart phones.
    People don't try to make friendship with neighbors, but have lots of friends in the virtual world.

Technology has its advantages and disadvantages. Information about all things under the sky and above the sky are easily available in the virtual world at the tip of a finger and so people become addicted to the virtual world.
    PS

Last edited: Jan 5, 2018