1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

I'll Wait!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by rgsrinivasan, Jan 4, 2012.

1. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Sorry, I am not going to start this formally, as "Dear..." or even more business like way of addressing, "To:". I feel that I have the liberty and closeness to reach you straight away. Do you remember the day, you saw me first? I still do, dear. My earliest memories of you was that of a little one carefully folding the wrapper after taking the label.

I was too thrilled to know who was I gifted to and felt really gifted to know that it was you. You exclaimed that the room was made brighter by me.You came quite often then and in those initial days, you used to chat with me for sometime. I only felt that I was not having that recording feature in me, though I still could recollect most of those words now. As you grew, you changed everyday and needless to add, getting more beautiful. You have never put me aside or even handled me harsher too. I was a bit sad that I couldn't grow as you, but was still very happy to see you grow.

One fine day, you showed me a photo and asked me whether he was any good. I was a bit happy and saw him for a long time. You know, I wanted to say that he is just ok, but you are better then. I was very happy to see you happier then. But that man turned out to be my bitter foe. I know that you will be angry when I say this dear, but your visits to me increased a lot first, and then, all of a sudden, it completely stopped. I was just wondering what happened to you then. The room looked dull and so was I, without you, dear.

Then you came back for a brief time and you were a lot more changed. You were looking at me again, and claiming how much you have changed then. I wanted to tell you that I too was getting older day by day and was not the same young and brighter one that you saw earlier. You are again now away from me. But I know that you will come to me again.

I only hope that it will be soon, on a happier note.

p.s.1 - This is a note written by the mirror in a girl's bedroom.
    p.s.2 - She grew, got married and is expected to be back, in the family way.

2. Pallavi4me

Pallavi4me Platinum IL'ite

Good one Rgs.

Could not expect that it was mirror. felt good after reading it.

3. rgsrinivasan

Thanks for your appreciation Pallavi4me. And I am glad about the little success that I had. -rgs

4. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear RGS,

The lines, "he was my bitter foe" is intended that he had taken her away from her room and the mirror, I guess. I knew it was something personal that the girl had but I was not expecting it to be a mirror. Initially, I thought it was a doll.

Thanks for the nice Blog

Viswa

5. rgsrinivasan

You came very close to what I thought Viswamitra. Very smart. And doll too matches perfectly to this description. Thanks for your feedback. -rgs

6. mssunitha2001

mssunitha2001 IL Hall of Fame

[​IMG]

Oh.... such a nice one RGS !!!!!!!!!!

7. rgsrinivasan

Thanks a lot for a cute image and a nice feedback Sunitha. Glad that you liked it. -rgs

8. nihasvin

nihasvin Platinum IL'ite

Good one!! I wonder how the story could be if it is in a boy's room?? :hide:

9. rgsrinivasan

Better you don't know about that Nihasvin :)
    Thanks a lot for your feedback. -rgs

10. sreemanavaneeth

sreemanavaneeth Gold IL'ite

Hai RGS,

I can always wait for your gliterin golden blogs my dear friend. Whatever we are thinking our face will reflect and others can easily traceable whether we are good, bad or smiling etc., etc., Human mind mirror plays a vital role. Mirror blog reflected more your mind flowing thinking.