1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Ill Of Googling

Discussion in 'Music and Dance' started by Thyagarajan, Aug 25, 2022.

1. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

2. vidhyalakshmid

vidhyalakshmid IL Hall of Fame

Entertaining song but the reality hits hard. If I ask any question to my husband, why don`t you google and find out. That is the readymade answer. Now a days even small kids google everything, so the conversational skill is at the bottom. I usually avoid googling any symptom, if I do fear will overtake the symptom.

Rihana and Thyagarajan like this.
  3. Thyagarajan

When a key was misplaced by grandson, is grandma suggested him to search in google.
    When grandson said computer had s virus attack, same grandma said, "I told you keep it covered with woollen blanket".

vidhyalakshmid likes this.
  4. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Fear does tend to overtake rational sense when one starts to google symptoms.

A dear friend once forwarded me a similarly funny video about the unexpected side-effects of googling symptoms. I had freshly benefitted quite a bit from medical googling, and replied that if done intelligently and judiciously, such googling can be helpful, even life altering if not life saving. The friend was offended by my response, said I was taking a forward too serioulsy.

I myself am eternally grateful for the medical information I can find through google even though sifting through it can be tough. I could write endlessly on this but the two below threads say it better.
    When To Research Medical Symptoms And Diagnoses
    How To Read A Research Paper? (for Dummies)

Thyagu, I am glad you started this thread. I ended up reading some older and almost forgotten threads. Sokanasanah's posts are indeed the destroyer of sorrow. They give you arrows to shoot or directions to a quiver.

LOL.. quiver is also what one might do in a doctor's office.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2022
    vidhyalakshmid likes this.
  5. Thyagarajan

Nearly Half of humanity depends on google for symptomatic treatment . Difficult to arrive at which remedies the malady which exacerbates which cause side effects. My family doctor confronted by spouse some adverse effects reported in google for certain tabs and applications. She was told either stop reading in google or not get bewildered of yhe message there.