1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

ILites lets do something for Jenita

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Shanthi, Nov 21, 2007.

1. scr665

scr665 Guest

Someday this could be you !!!

====================================================

The India Monitor (Jan 9 - Jan 16, 2000 issue Vol.X, No.464, p.16)

The Ambati family, which was embroiled in a dowry-harassment case in India in November 1995, has now been acquitted of all the charges in the dowry harassment case. Kolar Gold Fields sessions judge K.S. Venkoba Rao pronounced the order of acquittal on April 28, 1999.

Dr. Jayakrishna Ambati and his family were accused by his former wife Archana of taking Rs. 50,000 (US $1,200) in dowry and of mental & physical abuse. The couple was married in June 1995 in Bangarpet, Karnataka and came to the United States shortly thereafter, but Archana returned to India in July.

However, she did not file a police complaint until 4 months later, in November, coinciding with the well-publicized visit of the Ambati family to Visakhapatnam. There they were taken into custody by Sub-Inspector T. Konappa Reddy of the Bangarpet police.

During the course of the trial, which lasted over 3 years, Konappa Reddy, also the investigating officer, admitted that the police had not ascertained the veracity of the complaint, or investigated the reason for the 4 month delay in filing the case, or interviewed any of the witnesses prior to the arrest.

Under cross-examination he also acknowledged that no permission from superior authorities was obtained to cross state lines and arrest the accused. He also admitted that the U.S. Embassy was not informed of the arrest of the Ambati family, who are American Citizens, as per the 1963 Vienna Convention on Consular Relations.

Although the initial chargesheet listed over 20 witnesses, only 2 of the material prosecution witnesses appeared in court during the trial. Even Archana’s mother and sister, who initially provided statements to the police did not testify.

At the trial these two witnesses, recanted their earlier statements and testified that they did not witness any demand of dowry by the Ambati family. Assistant-sub-inspector H. Munivenkataiah who initially took the statements of the witnesses, stated under cross-examination that none of the witnesses told him that dowry was demanded by the Ambatis.

In an unrelated twist, Konappa Reddy is himself now facing murder charges for the July 1997 custodial death of Mr. Gopalappa in the Bangarpet police station.

In October 1996, Kolar sessions judge K. Sathyamurthy Holla discharged Dr. Balamurali K. Ambati from the case and dismissed all charges against him for lack of prima facie evidence. Although the state of Karnataka appealed this decision, Justice L. Sreenivasa Reddy of
    the Karnataka High Court upheld the discharge in April 1998. This decision was appealed by Archana but the Supreme Court of India dismissed the appeal earlier this year.

During the course of the trial the Ambatis produced a tape in which Nanda, the father of Archana, demanded US $500,000 to drop all the charges. Although the prosecution opposed the production of this audiocassette, Justice Narayan of the Karnataka High Court ruled that such evidence was admissible in February 1999.

The Ambati family feels that although the courts have vindicated them after almost 4 years, the victory is bittersweet. Although Drs. Jayakrishna and Balamurali Ambati and their father Dr. Muralimohan Rao were allowed to leave India and return to India in January 1996, their mother Mrs. Gomathi was not permitted to do so. Despite 3 separate Karnataka High Court rulings that the trial should be completed within 3 months, the case dragged on, and the family was separated for more than 3 ½ years. In addition, Dr. Balamurali Ambati lost 2 years of his professional career because he had to wait until 1998 to commence his ophthalmology residency at Harvard, which he was supposed to join in 1996.

The Ambati family is well known in the New York area for their social and community service. For the last 10 years, they have been conducting free weekly academic classes for hundreds of middle and high school students. Also, they have established a charitable educational foundation, the Ashtavadhani Vidwan Ambati Subbaraya Chetty Foundation, which recognizes and rewards talented students in India and the U.S.

They believe that the close police ties of Nanda, a former honorary Home Guards Commandant, were responsible for the brazen actions of the police. The case achieved tremendous sensationalism because of the celebrity status of Dr. Balamurali Ambati, who at 17 became the world’s youngest graduate in 1995. However, little press coverage was given to his discharge or to his family’s subsequent acquittal.

The Ambatis feel that this case is a prime example of how the Dowry Prohibition Act can be abused by unscrupulous families to extort innocent families, especially NRIs. They also believe that NRI organizations and the Indian government should take notice of the growing epidemic of false dowry harassment cases filed against NRIs and take steps to curb the spiraling abuse of this law.

2. scr665

scr665 Guest

This might be a solace for you and your feminists,
    hope and wish they are not your fathers, brothers and sons.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes<WBR>.com/Every_day_300_Indians<WBR>_kill_themselves/articleshow/2560370.cms

Every day, over 300 Indians kill themselves
    22 Nov 2007, 0112 hrs IST,Vishwa Mohan & Nitin Sethi,TNN
    Print Save EMail Write to Editor

NEW DELHI: Stories about "Incredible India" might be the flavour of
    the day, but there is a grimmer and less flattering picture of a
    distressed India: On average, a farmer commits suicide every half
    hour. And it is the farmer in economically more developed states,
    not traditional BIMARU ones, who is the most vulnerable.

The overall figures are no less depressing. In 2005, the last year
    for which complete figures are available, there were as many as 312
    suicides a day, almost a third of them by women. One-third of those
    who commit suicide are young people, less than 29 years old. An
    average of 90 of those take their lives every day are above 45
    years.

Suicides in the country have steadily risen because of various
    factors, the important ones being "family problem" and "illness" —
    the two made up about 44% of suicides. Other factors mentioned in
    the records include "love affairs".

Poverty does not come across as an important factor driving people
    over the edge: it accounts for merely 2.2% of the suicides reported.
    Significantly, while suicides by indebted farmers are supposed to
    have been largely responsible for driving suicide figures
    up, "bankruptcy" has been mentioned in a meagre 2.7% of the cases.

More men commit suicides than women. And while loneliness and pangs
    of separation have long been held to leading people to take the
    extreme step, more than two-thirds of those who committed suicides
    in 2005 were married.

But while statistics tell a sad tale, they don't tell the entire
    story. They are derived from first information reports (FIRs) filed
    all over the country and compiled by the National Crime Records
    Bureau. And while pointing to the magnitude of the problem, the full
    picture might be worse, considering many suicides are not reported.

3. scr665

scr665 Guest

--- I really wan to understand WHY WHOLE FAMILY NEEDS TO LIVE WITH A H1 person.. I mean WHY.. THATS just Gross and looks manipulative.

== It is not manipulative but super manipulative. This sebastian guy is your father of gross-ness.

== Make sure you read this : "What was Sebastian doing for the last two months in the US? He could have made the allegations to the magistrate when he signed the change of guardianship (of Jenita) in the US"

== No he will not, because he was ensured a grand drama but dollar funded ladies in waiting, who want to sell a story to earn bucks for them, and Jenita will be lurking somewhere in the corner, these feminists will have kitty parties in five star hotels from the money generated in her name

DNA - India - Husband pushes pregnant wife out of moving car - Daily News & Analysis
    Husband pushes pregnant wife out of moving car
    Arun Ram
    Tuesday, November 20, 2007 03:39 IST
    After marriage, Smalin discovered her husband's affair with his mother
    CHENNAI: Smalin Jenita (23), a seven-month pregnant girl from Tiruchi
    in Tamil Nadu, is fighting brain injury and multiple fractures in a
    Chennai hospital after being allegedly pushed out of a moving car in
    the US.
    The reason, according to the girl's father Sebastian Antonysamy,
    Jenita discovered an incestuous relationship between her husband
    Christy Danius and his mother Chellam, even as she was being harassed
    for dowry.
    Antonysamy said the incident happened in South Carolina on July 31,
    but his family was informed about Jenita's critical condition much
    later, that too by a friend in Lake Forest Hospital where Jenita was
    lying in a coma.
    The father, who went to the US and brought Janita to Chennai by an air
    ambulance on Sunday, said he came to know of the details only ten days
    ago, when Janita started speaking. "Danius said it was a car accident.
    Only recently my daughter started talking and she told me that she was
    pushed out of the car," Sebastian said, adding that her daughter had
    written a letter to him about the incestuous relationship in April 2007.
    "In the letter describing the peculiar relationship between Danius and
    his mother, Jenita said she could be harmed by Danius, his mother and
    sister.
    Filing a case there would need my daughter's presence. Since that
    might put her at risk, I have brought her to India. I will be meeting
    the TN DGP to see what legal action I can initiate here," Antonysamy said.
    After the families met through an advertisement, Danius's family from
    Nagercoil demanded Rs1 lakh, to which the girl's parents agreed.
    Daniel reportedly demanded Rs5 lakh again, which the family could not pay.
    After the marriage, Jenita discontinued her studies and left for the US.
    Sources in Dr Mehta's Hospital, Chennai, said Jenita is getting
    treated. "She is stable, but incoherent in her speech. The foetus is
    normal," a source said. When DNA contacted him, Christy Danius denied
    the charges.
    "It was a car accident. I have the accident report issued by the US
    authority concerned and has forwarded it to the police department.
    What was Sebastian doing for the last two months in the US? He could
    have made the allegations to the magistrate when he signed the change
    of guardianship (of Jenita) in the US," Danius said.

4. imemyself

imemyself Senior IL'ite

Hi scr665,
    I read the heated exchanges between you and ria.
    Well...no one knows what exaclty had happened! We take in what the media says!
    But you don't have a proof about Christy's innocence right???
    Just answer this simple question...
    Whatever be the problems between a husband and wife....can you even imagine a husband pushing his pregnant wife out of the car???? This can be done only if he is insane...!!
    Please justify this act of the guy for whom you have showed tremendous support through your posts!!
    Ok..incase it was indeed an accident...where the hell was he gone abandoning her at the hospital!!??
    Now..the good pakistani doctor saw her plight and informed her family!
    Now pls don't say tht the Pakistani Doc is also the girl's family member and that's y he has given the statemnt that Christy abandoned his wife!!
    Can you please clarify these doubts???
    See...I am no way against you or views but when you are showing your support to a person who has committed an inhumane act then justify your support!!!
    Or please avoid hurting the feelings of the many Ilites here who are so pained to see a very young and pretty lady ruined mentally and physically!!

5. Lena

Lena New IL'ite

Hello Christy Danius(scr665)
    Good try!!!!
    but it's not going to help you anyway.

Oh yes, we understand that this was an accident, because you have explained it well.

But
    Why you did'nt take care of your wife if this was an accident?
    Why she had to go back to India?
    Why she had no insurance?
    There were three people here with you . You could have taken well care of her here.

We all bring our spouse on H1. But never heard a whole family along with spouse. It must have been really hard for you with such parents and sister.

Anyway do not think that we wo'nt be able to find out from where you are posting comments. hehehe..these ladies are not only $funded and feminists, they are smart as well.
    Good luck and we will see.
    Please do not forget to ask Leena Pillai to join at IL so that we can take good care of her. We now know that she is also suffering as much as Jenita. We can also collect some money for you from IL if you could forward that email that you have used before to collect money from friends.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2007
  6. Shanthi

Shanthi Silver IL'ite

Hi,
    I was( and am ) outsick so couldn't follow this thread. Didn't really get a chance to completly read src's replies, but I get the idea. Any incident will have takers on both sides. I can understand that. But in this case when you see Jenita suffering with a baby in her doesn't it make your blood boil !

Just answer me this what kind of man abandons his pregnant wife who is fighting for her life in a hospital and moves to a different location. That shows how much of love and affection he has has and how 'innocent' he is! You have given a lot of pointers.... just try and answer this one question. Why did he abandon his wife and baby ? He is punishable just for that one act.

Yes her dad is punishable for not filing a case while he was in the US .(Never mind that this was a totally alien country, with no friends, no knowledge of the law or anything, and don't mind the shock of seeing his daughter in such a miserable condition, and the realisation that for 3 months she had been like am orphan in a foreign country, and also that a guy whom he trusted his daughter with had tried to kill her.... oh yes lets blame the dad ).

I cannot even imagine the gall that Danius has in justifying himself and questioning others. Why did he abandon his wife in the hospital. Has he answered that in any of his interviews/emails?

Her dad was crazy to stop his girl's studies to get her married off at an age of 22 ! He is punishable for paying out a dowry! He is punishable to have just asked Jenita to adjust and live with these monsters even after Jenita complained of harrassment and feared for her life !

So whoever you are, you can keep defending this Christy guy, but try to have some sort of substance in your argument. Yes there are women who take advantage of the dowry act, but we are not arguing here for every dowry harrassment case, we are talking about Jenita's case. Dowry/No dowry, whether he pushed her or not, he abandoned his pregnant wife in a foreign country in a hospital fighting for her life. He is not even a human being, a monster by my standards.

7. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

There are some questions unanswered-
    1.When a person is so damaged physically and has just come out of coma, can that person say lies about what happened?
    2.If other members are also injured, they could all have been in the same hospital, can't they?
    3.Why did the hubby abandoned the wife at the hospital? He cannot deny it, as the Pak. Doctor only has informed the parents here about the girl's condition and send photos also, so that they could ge the visa quickly.
    I guess we will have to wait to ge the picture clear. The parents would have become so hurt at seeing their daughter in that stage and it is naturally right for them to want to bring her home, where the treatment is less costly and they have friends and relatives to give all sort of support.

But I strongly feel that parents and the girls themselves should not go along with an alliance when dowry is demanded. And both the parties should check out the other well before proceeding. Secrecy in this matter is not good.
    I sincerely hope that Jenita gets well soon and the child is safe. Lets all pray for that now.

8. scr665

scr665 Guest

read the heated exchanges between you and ria.
    Well...no one knows what exaclty had happened!
    We take in what the media says!
    == This is very true, before accusing somebody and crucifying him and his family,
    gather the facts

But you don't have a proof about Christy's innocence right???
    == neither do i have proof's of his or his family guilt. Only rants and baseless accusations.

Just answer this simple question...
    Whatever be the problems between a husband and wife....can you even imagine a husband pushing his pregnant wife out of the car???? This can be done only if he is insane...!!
    == Yes, only a insane person can put his car of all family members in an accident on a freeway. And only an insance HIGH WAY PATROL OFFICE (of course, bribed) will file an acident report on the spot, and hospitals admitting them.

Please justify this act of the guy for whom you have showed tremendous support through your posts!!
    Ok..incase it was indeed an accident...where the hell was he gone abandoning her at the hospital!!??
    == that'a a good question....even he abandons her in US, he is the guardian of her,
    and no way, hospital, insurance and police let him go, so i smell igonorance and hatred, at any thing filmy and for God's sake, this is not film or ekta kapoor opera.
    Even, state of north carolina would take care of her.
    Illegal aliens are taken care of here, and their are charities which deal with these kind of situations.

Now..the good pakistani doctor saw her plight and informed her family!
    Now pls don't say tht the Pakistani Doc is also the girl's family member and that's y he has given the statemnt that Christy abandoned his wife!!
    ==
    I had not find any doctor by this name in both hospitals, or elsewhere.
    His contacts are only known to media, and i doubt now, even if he is a doctor as acclaimed.

Can you please clarify these doubts???
    See...I am no way against you or views but when you are showing your support to a person who has committed an inhumane act then justify your support!!!
    == I am not supporting him, but i am totally against this sensationalism.
    If it was an inhuman act, then i would have pursued it in US,
    with a LAW ABIDING Pakistani, with value for humanity and human rights.
    And if he was a doctor, i am sure he should have been resourceful with the system and funds.

Or please avoid hurting the feelings of the many Ilites here who are so pained to see a very young and pretty lady ruined mentally and physically!!
    == Yes. there is no intent to hurt your feelings, and until the facts are there,
    do not blame someone, and characterize the road accident on US freeway, as an act of dowry harassment. I simply do not buy that, and challenge you to produce, SINGLE FREEWAY ROAD ACCIDENT IN US WHICH IS STAGE MANAGED. It not like chennai or delhi.

9. scr665

scr665 Guest

Just answer me this what kind of man abandons his pregnant wife who is fighting for her life in a hospital and moves to a different location. That shows how much of love and affection he has has and how 'innocent' he is! You have given a lot of pointers.... just try and answer this one question. Why did he abandon his wife and baby ? He is punishable just for that one act.
    == I think, if he wanted to abandon her, he could have done that on the freeway itself.
    and the highway troopers rescuing her.

Yes her dad is punishable for not filing a case while he was in the US .(Never mind that this was a totally alien country, with no friends, no knowledge of the law or anything, and don't mind the shock of seeing his daughter in such a miserable condition, and the realisation that for 3 months she had been like am orphan in a foreign country, and also that a guy whom he trusted his daughter with had tried to kill her.... oh yes lets blame the dad ).
    ===
    He had the assistance of the pakistani doctor, who knows the system and funds well.
    There is a student who also had a accident , Help Suresh Fund.
    Indian community where tons and tons of are doctors, they would have taken care of her, and for funds, indian community is also very generous.
    That dad fellow must have realised his follies are no good, and had backup plans of misusing and abusing the system in india.

Her dad was crazy to stop his girl's studies to get her married off at an age of 22 ! He is punishable for paying out a dowry! He is punishable to have just asked Jenita to adjust and live with these monsters even after Jenita complained of harrassment and feared for her life !
    So whoever you are, you can keep defending this Christy guy, but try to have some sort of substance in your argument. Yes there are women who take advantage of the dowry act, but we are not arguing here for every dowry harrassment case, we are talking about Jenita's case. Dowry/No dowry, whether he pushed her or not, he abandoned his pregnant wife in a foreign country in a hospital fighting for her life. He is not even a human being, a monster by my standards.
    ==
    I do not buy your crap, you can brand anyone and everyone as monster.
    His father had legally transferred her guardianship, and there he did not uttered a word that he is taking away her daughter from the monster or save her from dowry harassment.

10. Ria2006

Ria2006 Silver IL'ite

I request the administrator Please divulge the physical location of scr665 to us And also block this id.
    This inhuman person doesnot seem to have empathy for one PARALYZED PREGNANT WOMAN. He keeps saying state will take care of her.
    MR SCR665 dont even respond to my thread. I dont talk to inhuman dogs wandering on roads.. One warning for your kind ears..
    Jenita 's name will become a Horror in your whole family's life for next 7 births now.. You dont know who are these people ,,talking online..
    Some could be lawyers even judges.. So save your precious dollars and run for your life.. You are doomed............