1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

ILites in Virginia - Can we All have a Meet up here?

Discussion in 'Indians in Virginia' started by divyaa1, Jun 16, 2009.

1. lakshmi2009

lakshmi2009 New IL'ite

Hi all,
    Great thought,
    we also want to join u there.I am new to this forum.We stay in Alexandria,va. please do let me know.:) i will keep checking for time and date of the day.
    thanks,
    Lakshmi.

2. divyaa1

divyaa1 New IL'ite

Grt, looking forward to seeing you soon lakshmi. :cheers
    Women, can we all plan for a date time? Since Dc/VA/MD is really vast, i guess best is to go for a poll to see which is the place most of us are comfortable to come to and then fix that place up:idea. I know, its going to be a stretch for other people if the place if far away from them, but please adjust for this one time, coz its really tough to co-ordinate time/place coz we all live at different places, work in different timings etc.
    Based on all inputs, these are my suggestions. Any opnion /suggestion are welcom to add to this list and lets pick one up within this weeknd and finalize on it. :thumbsup What say everyone?
    Since, this is a long weekend, i am proposing July 11/12 -weekend - Saturday or Sunday - whichever is comfortable to everyone.
    1. Meet at a park or mall in DC - (Metro/Bus Accessible if possible)
    2. Meet at a park or mall in VA -
    3. Meet in MD - i am not sure where - coz i am not familiar.

If accessibility is a problem , we could get together in groups to reach the area.
    Everyone is welcome to join - the main idea is just to meet and know each other and make friends..and have fun..
    I vote for DC - coz there are lots of places you can go to by foot or metro and its a nice place..
    Gals, waiting for your inputs now...
    Cheers
    Divya

3. geeti

geeti Senior IL'ite

Divya and all,

I think thats a good idea.. We can meet up next weekend. I agree with Nivedha we could meet up in a park in VA and have a good time.

Ladies plz get ur kids along with you too!!:thumbsup

Ciao
    Geetika:cheers

4. divyaa1

divyaa1 New IL'ite

okay, i guess its going to 6-7 of us and we are all ready to meet :) ,
    Date : 11July , proposed time :12 PM , Venue : DC - Near the museums, or a park,
    I will look up the place and a metro station, so that we can all meet outside..the metro station...how does that sound?
    Hope this sounds good ILities, and do let us know how many people are interested in meeting...
    Looking forward to meeting you all...
    cheers
    divya

5. geeti

geeti Senior IL'ite

Hey divya ,

It sounds great.. I'm in!! :cheers.. I think we can meet right outside the smithsonian metro station.. What say?? I'm so excited!!

Ciao

6. divyaa1

divyaa1 New IL'ite

Yes, outside metro would be perfect.
    Anyone out there whos coming for the meet?

7. geeti

geeti Senior IL'ite

lakshmi, welcome, nivedha, mishri and gowri , are you guys coming on sat?? I thought there would be more responses as we have so many Indians living arnd this area. I must say I'm a little disappointed. Please let us know if you guys will be joining us..

@Welcome.. Me and Divs both don't know much abt areas b/w MD and DC. We thought that there is metro connections to DC from everywhere so it would be easily accessible to a lot of ppl who would like to come for the meet up.

I was reading abt other ILlite's meet up and wished if there were more ppl who would have shown some interest. :-(

Still awaiting more responses!!

Ciao

8. divyaa1

divyaa1 New IL'ite

:hiya
    Any body else interested in meeting tomm? There will be 4 of us definitely there,(some of us met through ILITEs only :)) so if anyone else is interested but cannot reach DC or something, do let us know and we could plan out something.
    Come on guys! this is the only we way we get to meet each other and get a chance to make new friends..:thumbsup
    Looking forward to more replies.
    :cheers
    Divya

Last edited: Jul 11, 2009
  9. Sreyavas

Sreyavas Bronze IL'ite

Hello ladies, :rotfl

I think i joined you guys late but count me in too guys, i 'm interested too and i 'm in alexandria, va.

looking forward to hear from you soon.

cheers:cheers

sreya.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2009
  10. ursnegithi

ursnegithi Senior IL'ite

Divya, so was there a meet ? and how did that go, if you guys are planning for something in the near future count me in.

Sri