IL'ites from Tirunelveli??

Discussion in 'Tamil Nadu' started by hema_gladston, Jun 23, 2008.

1. Saraswathipv

Saraswathipv IL Hall of Fame

Re: How many IL'ites are from Tirunelveli??

Hello Aneesbasha,

My home (after being married), is just about 2-3 kms from Courtallam falls ..:biggrin2:
    You are right...a very pleasant holiday spot.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2008
  2. AngayV

AngayV New IL'ite

Re: How many IL'ites are from Tirunelveli??

Hi:
    Nice to see this Thread. I am from Tiruchendur Taluk Therikudiyeruppu. Born and raised there till I was 9 and moved to Chennai. We go there every year for summer and for Kodai. Even now i go there when ever I visit India. My kids love my home town more than Chennai.
    Anybody from that area?

Angay :wave

3. paanzaa

paanzaa Gold IL'ite

Allo..elllarum ketkanum..nan tirnavelikaran..En appa ooru palamadai-pattamadai,amma ooru-tharuvai-goplasamudaram,wife ooru-harikesanallur-kadayam..ellarume tirnavelikaranga.

pattamadaila halwa-kizhangu sappita anubavam romba paumaya iruku, 17 varusham munnala sappitathu..

4. raji_siv

raji_siv Bronze IL'ite

hi all,

our native place is in tirunelveli district. you know kallidaikurichi is famous for appalams. my parents are still there. every year during our visit to india, we will visit to our kuladeviyam, udayaneri sri venkatachalapathi (palamadai) and manimuthar falls. last year we visited one banatheertham. wonderful sceneries....i love my native place very much no pollution, tamirabarani river, natural sceneries, peaceful living, so many temples etc., ....

regards,
    raji

5. raji_siv

raji_siv Bronze IL'ite

hello,

you know anybody in kadayam. i have done my school in kadayam only.....nice to see you know kadayam..

6. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

Dear all,
    Count me in too in this Tirunelveli thread. Though I live in Chennai, and my grandparents moved to Chennai way back in 1963, my parents still say, especially my dad says he is a Thirunelvelian.

If you can check the thread below my signature, Our trip down south, you can all have good idea of places to visit in and around Tirunelveli. We had been there last summer. I lived with my parents when I was young in Tirunelveli for 3 years, studied in Sri Jeyendra Swamigal Silver Jubliee School in Maharajanagar. That was way back in 1985 to 1988. 5th to 8th. Any body here who studied in that school at that time. I can say proudly that the founder Correspondent Smt. Lalitha Mani is my Athai.

7. Meenamohan

Meenamohan Silver IL'ite

HI Ms. Raji,
    I am from Tvl too. My mom's kuladeivam is Palamadai Mangalanayagi. My Grandpa only did the kumbaabishekam for Udayaneri. He initiated all the things collected money everything in and out. His name is Sambasivan Iyer (samy mama). Till date when we go to Tvl all of us visit this place quite a number of time. See you there then if possible.
    Meena
    kuladeviyam, udayaneri sri venkatachalapathi (palamadai) and
    regards,
    raji[/quote]

8. Meenamohan

Meenamohan Silver IL'ite

HI
    I am living close to the school you studied in Tirunelveli. I did my last 2 years of education in SJSSJS only. WElcome. Nice to know that you are related to Lalitha mani. LEts correspond....

9. Meenamohan

Meenamohan Silver IL'ite

HI naanum Vandhuteen :spin,
    OOre kuttai thaan naanum. I am from Nellai. Proper. Maharajanagar. Though living in Bahrain Still holding the same address Hurray!!!!
    I spend my entire holidays in TVL only. Thanks to my mother in law. She doesnot say a word about it and she comes down and stays with me.
    My kids crave to be there. Need to talk a lot about it. Will write soon more and more interesting things.

PLEASE COUNT ME :wave:
    Lets Party:party

Is there anyone from Sri Sarada College? I did my college there from 1995 - 98. IF yes I am sure you know me very well. What to do I was notorious. :idea

10. raji_siv

raji_siv Bronze IL'ite

hi meena,

good to know that your grandpa performed kkumbabhisegam to our kuladeviyam. i know the archahar only well and sorry to say that i dont know your grandpa....last june i went udayaneri.every year i am visiting the place.the deity is very powerful. i visited bahrain last year. nice place. if my next visit to bahrain, surely meet you meena. very happy to chat with tirunelveli guys.

regards

raji.