Il Confessions And Please Please Pray For Successful Tavr

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by SuiDhaaga, Feb 27, 2023.

1. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Best wishes, SuiDhaaga. Wishing you the strength to be calm inside for yourself, and calm outside to help others.

Do use any and all help that you can get. Having a friend or relative to sit with you while waiting, and someone who can drive helps. A friend sitting with a car waiting in the parking lot or a Starbucks/library nearby is so useful.

If possible have someone with you who can listen to what the doctors say right after the procedure. Do not hesitate to ask any questions that come to your mind. No question is too silly.

When this surgery is over and you are relaxed, have some time, we need to have a stern talk to set things right about:
    " because ppl look down upon taking care of your Dad ...
    They think you are stupid
    "

No, my dear, not at all. Taking care of old parents is one of the most selfless, noblest and bravest things a person can do. The way you do it, even more so.

SuiDhaaga likes this.
  2. swarnamary

swarnamary Gold IL'ite

yes... whenever i think about those days tears just roll down.. and make me amazed how am i able to pass thru all those situations. and also as its super covid time cant help any help from family except my dear husband but glad it was over... it takes a long time to get over or maybe not....

i was so out of myself but then i started taking one day at a time, this sure did helped alot...

SuiDhaaga likes this.
  3. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

@SuiDhaaga Have faith. I know how stressful it is to see loved ones in such situation.
    May the procedure be successful and hope your dad will have a speedy recovery.

SuiDhaaga likes this.
  4. SuiDhaaga

SuiDhaaga IL Hall of Fame

Right now the only help is me, myself, and I

rest of the family is estranged

And the Nurse Practitioner who is assisting the Dr barely has any patience for my Dad and I

few weeks ago:
    When we had trouble scheduling date she got impatient with me and said it is not productive to call every other day —- ppl have to go on vacation (it turns out she was scheduling her vacation)

Few minutes ago:
    My Dad has super sensitive skin (simple blood tests require baby butterfly needle size 23 and depending on person who administers the shot, infection and scar lasts for weeks.

I stressed this when Dad got CT scan tests over and over (the technicians tried their best.)

Now Dad has Angiogram next week and she said, “if you Dad has skin sensitive as he claims he does” the test will be real uncomfortable

To me it sounds like she thinks Dad is imagining his problems, what does”claims” mean, that is more of a legal term!

When I told my Dad this phone conversation he said no no, please emphasize it has been proven over and over again the skin is very sensitive. Once when he has to go for blood test and proper needle wasn’t there, he had to return home and come back later ( blood test center took him without appointment)

There is no other place he can go for TAVR. He would have refused except there is Dr at hospital who did excellent job with Angiogram almost 30 years ago. Now this Dr is Head of Dept and still does caese (first in morning, meetings afterwards)

At this point my Dad feels he won’t survive these operations (hense he is pushing for my security if something goes wrong) On top of that i get these silly comments from a Nurse Practitioner ( or maybe people talk down to me because I sound dumb and my Dad will be alright, then it’s all good)

Last edited: Mar 1, 2023
  5. SuiDhaaga

These things are so hard to get over. You remember all of your life.

I had miscarriage and still think of my child. Recently I imagined my child in Heaven, ie maybe she will be there to greet my Dad (so many times my Dad says he wants to go, he wants to go)

swarnamary likes this.
  6. SuiDhaaga

Thank you so much

I hope your baby is doing much better. That evil eye is horrible (my Dad says it gave him so many health problems at once, and I believe Imwas attacked by I in Nov … but I got recovered)

I pray your baby is well.

shravs3 likes this.
  7. swarnamary

swarnamary Gold IL'ite

yes something in your life are forever there with you..

sorry to hear about your miscarriage,ofcourse things related to this kind of issues always do come to our mind. (ofcourse the little angel will be there in heaven)

SuiDhaaga likes this.
  8. SuiDhaaga

On,y now I am starting to imagine a life last this sadness … but I’m still anxious about the upcoming heart procedure