1. The Great Big Must Read List : Find Interesting Book Suggestions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

IL Book readers club (Rules, FAQs, replies)

Discussion in 'Book Lovers' started by Gayathri47, Feb 6, 2010.

1. Gayathri47

Gayathri47 Silver IL'ite

Wonderful!!!!

2. Gayathri47

Gayathri47 Silver IL'ite

Thank you for joining in :thumbsup

Yes radsahana, we would all be reading the same book. I will try finding a link or a download to these books, however, there might be times when the book might not be available online. At those times, we will have to just fish for the books at a lending library or something. But, I will try my best (and I am sure anyone in the book club will try) to get a link for u

We all get to do it!!! When we start for that month say January, then what I will try to do is, I will open a thread in December end for your suggestions for a book for the next month ... Everyone can pour in you suggestions. Just to keep some law-and-order in the forum I will just short-list a few, say 3 books may be and then we will have a poll on these - which ever book wins in these polls (which we be done by us readers only) we will have our pick for Jan! Ofcourse, if all of us unanimously say "we want xxxx book" for the month, even more better!

No rules are finilised yet, these are jst my ramblings, so once we start the book for the month - I will come up with some definite rules.

Feel free to help me with anything you can think about

I think a months time is ideal, because we could start with the next book in the next month

[/quote]

Ofcourse, the discussion "can" continue even after the month, that way we can still come and put in our reviews at a later stage and any new user who goes through it might want to add something - but it wont be the active discussion because we are hoping that we will start a new book in the next month ..

3. Gayathri47

Gayathri47 Silver IL'ite

Thank you archana for joining in, I haven't decided for this month's book yet.

I will try my best to choose books with ebooks available, I totally agree with you about the matter coz me too in the same situation. But, it might not possible eveytime also. Lets hope for the best

4. deepa04

deepa04 Gold IL'ite

gaya3,
    thank you for your information.

5. Gayathri47

Gayathri47 Silver IL'ite

IL Book readers club : How we go about?

Interested to join the IL's book readers club? Here is how we go about :

1) Our aim will be to read atleast 1 book every month

NOTE : This includes all (and only) novels fiction/non-fiction in English

2) A new thread will be started on/around 20th of every month to know your suggestions for the books to be read in the next month. his thread will be started in Book Reviews sub-forum

NOTE : Please try giving suggestions to books that also have a ebook somewhere, that way more of our friends can join in with us. If no ebook exists but you do want to read it, no probs - go ahead we could still read it right?

3) After you pour in your suggestions, we will have a poll on the same thread on (around) 25th of the month where you will have to vote from the selection of (shortlisted) books taken from your suggestions.

NOTE : The poll might be un-necessary if we unanimously agree on a book

4) The book that won in the poll will be the book that we would take up for reading in the next month OR if a book has been suggested unanimously, then we take up that book!

NOTE : This is not a contest where you will win a prize from us, rather the book that would read will remain a prized possesions in your minds

5) You can start discussing the book hence forth

* give your reviews
    * talk about the characters
    * talk about the situations that made your heart cry out for the people
    * the funny incidences you came across in the book and just could stop laughing
    * characters you really think are so wicked that the world world could do better without them
    * heroes and heroines so beautiful and head strong that you could not stop thinking about them

6) After the month ends (do not worry if you still haven't finished reading your book, but you should aim to finish it) the thread still remains open for open discussions on the book.

Are you game?

Any questions and queries? Go ahead, ask it..!
    Want to declare you are in with us? Still, go ahead write it here!

P.S : Check out IL Book Club News Bulletin to know the recent happenings in the book club

Last edited: Feb 10, 2010
  6. archana2008

archana2008 Gold IL'ite

Start suggesting books :) i am all excited

7. Gayathri47

Gayathri47 Silver IL'ite

8. deepa04

deepa04 Gold IL'ite

gaya3,
    am very much eager in joining with you and suggest the book soon.

9. Gayathri47

Gayathri47 Silver IL'ite

Thank u deepa, please check out Suggestions :: IL Book Club - Feb 2010
    and pour in ur suggestions [it is Feb and I thoght we could start our club with a novel on love :)] so do check it out

10. charuchitthra

charuchitthra Bronze IL'ite

Hi,
    Iam joining too.

Regards,
    CC