1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

If you are lady rip van winkle, you must be blogging dreams in indus land !

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Chokkanayaki, Sep 27, 2012.

1. Chokkanayaki

Chokkanayaki Silver IL'ite

"Gosh ! why do we thrive on memories and cooking stories for our existence?Seems funny !Yet we could all,perhaps write a thesis on this subject.With energies well spent,a silent outpouring on any subject under the sun,on this forum ,helps fellow women bloggers like me to relax and destress."

Not just contended within the four walls of a home or the confines of a work place,the IL women have ventured into blogging territory.They are talented and multi faceted personalities . Let me tell you,that the intention of this post is not about self trumpeting....a virtue I do not believe in.I wish to bring forth some thoughts,that helps in our thinking process.

It was the first of January 2010 .A very close school friend called to ask."Do you blog?"she enquired. "Oh ! No !Iam a computer friendly person but not online savvy." On the behest of the friend I started a blog post....Very recently.another friend introduced me to IL and I was stumped.We have the finest blend of seasoned writers,under a common platform..The flurry of feedback and interactions,also serve as factors that can spur imagination.

The Lady Rip Van Winklies were fast asleep.We were happily managing home affairs ...some with a job....when an intro to IL brought about a pleasant upheaval in our lives.All along we were cruising away merrily...I say merrily because we preferred to keep our style of working simple and routine....In short we did not have the opportunity to think much....Not that we think too much these days.....But IL has indeed brought about a transformation and our sleepy minds are awake ,firmly set to think spontaneously and creatively.

That we had a creative angle also waiting to come out ,was perhaps not known to us .As mothers we help our kids with their school work,in their projects,and chip in to contribute on their behalf for the school magazine....and there ends the tryst with our grey cells.

And then one fine day IL happened...opening up with it, a whole new world waiting to unravel ,all that was old and known to me.....the scenes came flashing by and I was pleasantly awakened...Alice came alive and she was transported back to a golden era.It was the intention to be Refreshed and hence the need to refresh the pages every day.

So,it is simple in my case and must be the reason behind all the wonderful blogs.I just had to rewind and the stories were replayed live for me to recollect and reproduce.It was the reunite and the link to my childhood days that helps me to bask on my glorious past and relive the past in a simple present...... All of a sudden,it is a desire,a passionate urge to write what I know,that has got me going.....in a tempo that I had not dreamt off either.I am at wits end too when I read what I write.

My compilation is getting ready each day ,in a blend of verse and prose....and as I embark on a blogging journey........I have an honest confession to make .... IndusLadies is indeed , a fertile blogging ground [​IMG]

2. Pallavi4me

Pallavi4me Platinum IL'ite

Chokkanayaki,

Well said, IL gives us platform to write and interact and thus our horizons are widening day to day.

Same case with me too, I always wanted write something and wanted to take up blogging but could not just do that. One of my friend have told me about the site and slowly I'm addicted to this wonderful place and IL gave space to silly posts too.

Happy blogging to you too madam.

3. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Absolutely true!! when i started i had my fears and trepidations. I did multiple start stops in online bloging... but when i landed here in IL, all my fears were washed away, I felted at home, found legends in writing with down to earth demure patting my back, guiding me, and cheering me.

This post of yours gives me immense joy to thank IL again for all I have gained, not just a space to write, but the great motivation, guidance, and of course the lovely friendships that I will always cherish.

Thanks IL :) and thank you dear chokkanayaki for this opportunity :)

Akila

4. Chokkanayaki

Dear Pallavi,
    Happy Blogging to you too.As we log in ,may we hack each others thoughts too...and may we grow up to be blogwise and snippetwise.Spontaneity attracts.......and I must admit that IL bloggers are giving me plenty of ideas.:)

5. Chokkanayaki

Dear Akila,
    I am still in the nascent stage and though I love to write,I have my apprehensions too.IL is indeed a wonderful platform.....Its an aura of positive similar vibes,that gives me a kick too and the confidence to accelerate slowly...Thank you.....the feelings are mutual :)