If someone volunteers to.......Poll for 10th Dec 2006 to 16th Dec 2006

Discussion in 'Weekly Quick Polls' started by Laxmi, Dec 11, 2006.

If someone volunteers to do a household service for you, which would you choose?

1. Heavy cleaning

21 vote(s)
    58.3%
  2. Laundry

10 vote(s)
    27.8%
  3. Cooking

5 vote(s)
    13.9%
  1. Laxmi

Laxmi Administrator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Dear ILites
    Maintaining the house is quiet a task for all of us home makers. Sometimes the monotony of doing the jobs day in and day out could fatigue you. So would you like to rest your aching feet and relax in front of the TV? But clothes are piled up in the laundry box, time to prepare dinner for your family and all the other similar chores are forbidding you from taking the luxurious relaxation.

Now is the entry of an Angel who volunteers to do a house hold service for you, but it should be only one task. Which task would you choose from the poll option?

Ladies as usual cast your votes in the poll topic and pour your feedback on this week's topic, never mind if it is just venting up the bottled feelings of doing mundane jobs day after day.

2. safa

safa Bronze IL'ite

Laxmi,
    Of course, heavy cleaning...:-D
    I dream for some one to help me here..:cry:

3. meenaprakash

meenaprakash Silver IL'ite

right question at the right time.....

Dear Laxmi,

I just moved into my new home & I know how difficult it is to handle all the chores. If given a choice, I would handover heavy cleaning to the volunteer & retain cooking (after following Chitra's recipes / advices, I'm sure noone will ever want to eat from other's hands) ; for laundry - our good old washing machine would do the task for me.

4. kanaka Raghavan

kanaka Raghavan IL Hall of Fame

i love cooking and have a huge collection of cookery books. i love to experiment new dishes though my children and husband run miles when they see something new on the table. i do not mind cleaning feel it gives little bit of exercise .but hate the laundry especially if ur washing machine is out. i feel the clothes are cleaner only when u hand wash them.i do not mind doing anything with a good piece of music going on but laundry is out of my list.

5. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Hai,
    I dread dust and also dread cleaning it. And now with the hal laid roads, dust is every where. I very much would love to have an anlge, or eve a demon for that matter, to clean the whole house of dust and keep it sparkling. Cooking is now so easy with Chithra's recipes and for clothes there is the washing machine. Once the house is dust less, other chores are just easy. How I wish this was really possible! Laxmi, you have really made me earn for such a fairy. MMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmm............

6. Preethi

Preethi Gold IL'ite

I prefer the first two !

Hi,

Wondering whethere there is some way to select both "laundry" and "heavy cleaning"?? :mrgreen:

these two are the main time consuming job generally, well since I can vote only for one here, Let me choose heavy cleaning !

atleast, I can bank on Washing Machine for washing and laundry shops for ironing ! :)

Cooking, is my exclusive pleasure, won't give that to someone else !

Love,
    Preethi

7. Vaijayanthi

Vaijayanthi New IL'ite

Even in Laundry, it is the folding clothes that I SIMPLY HATE ! I could , at a pinch , do all else , in fact , cleaning well leaves you with the satisfaction of a job well done , while cooking, of course, can test your creativity , & THAT is always exciting ..... but , what fun is there in folding endless clothes , most of them small kids' clothes which don't even lend themselves to neat, symmetrical folding , & for which , you are not going to get even a word of Thanks , leave alone Praise . . . . !?

8. meenu

meenu Bronze IL'ite

I would like to vote for two!

I think heavy cleaning should definitely bedone by a help.Laundry, Washing machine is ok . but if anyclothes require hand wash!!!!11. I think Iwould love a help for that also. As Meena said cooking I prefer to do myself but washingvessels? hhhhhhhhhm! may be I can do it myself1
    regards,
    Meenu

9. Makam1973

Makam1973 New IL'ite

poll

hi,
    its different in your thought.
    each and every day when we turn to bed in the night
    we have a non_changeable time_table of our routine household ,
    which makes us get bored once in a while.
    so it naturally makes us feel if somebody could help us
    in any of the field.

MY CHOICE IS "CLEANING".
    since cooking is simple and interesting whereas the laundry
    is helped by nowadaysby washing machine(as maid it doesnt take leave).
    cleaning has become difficult because of the dust.
    aaaahhhh,tired of cleaning.
    bye

makam1973:clap

10. Laxmi

Laxmi Administrator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Hi All

Dear Safa, Varloo, Preethi
    You regularly give feedbaks on all the poll topics and thanksfor that.

Hi Meenaprakash

I can imagine the hassles of moving into a new home, sure an Angel is the most welcome guest for you now.

Hi Meenu, Vaijayanthi, Kanaka, makam
    thanks for your views on the poll topic.

But one thing all of us have started enjoying cooking thanks to the great efforts of Chitvish.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2006