1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

If kids thin means unhealthy?

Discussion in 'Schoolgoers & Teens' started by ramra, Apr 8, 2012.

1. ramra

ramra New IL'ite

Hi everyone,
    I start this thread for moms whose kids are thin(looks lean)
    I am a mom for 7yrs,by physic he looks thin,according to his age his weight and height is good.But my relatives,neighbours everytime asks me why your son is lean?are you feeding him properly?what kind of food are you feeding?is he eating properly etc,
    My son is good at eating and his habits of eating also very good like
    1.he will not waste any food
    2.he will eat all kinds of food and vegetables
    3.he will not like to eat chat items very much
    3.he will not drink any fizzy items(miranda,pepsi)and he likes only fresh juices and
    4. even he is not very fond of eating snacks item like biscuits,cakes etc.,
    then atlast point I AM GIVING HIM ONLY HEALTHY ITEMS AND HOMEMADE.....
    BUT what to do his physic is like his dad,so anybody asks this kind of questions i get very angry and i like to asks them IF KIDS THIN MEANS UNHEALTHY?

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2012

2. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

ramra, I think it is time you just ignore the talk by other people. It is in his genes and you know it. Why fret about it or try to explain to anyone - either ways you know yields no results. May be all you can do is just smile keep quiet. I know easier said than done but that is the best I feel.

3. ramra

ramra New IL'ite

thank you srama for your first fb and kind reply....actually i always keep quiet when they ask this questions....but also sometimes i also feel am i not a good mom or i am not taking care of his health etc.,(generally in our society if kids are chubby they r healthy,so i start this thread to tell them if kids health not depend upon the physic and lean kids also healthy)anyway atleast i got one support......thank you

4. brahan

brahan Platinum IL'ite

Hey, From whatever you have mentioned about your Kids Diet, I feel he has been doing really good with his eating Habits. Cant believe that a kid of this age doesnt like chaat/Aerated Drinks and Biscuits...Good Job

1 person likes this.
  5. ramra

ramra New IL'ite

thank you brahan...somewhat i satisfied with your reply

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2012
  6. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

hmmm...interstingly, my ped here always assures me not to worry about weight! So you are doing an awesome job as a mom :)

1 person likes this.
  7. DST

DST Bronze IL'ite

Healthy kids doesn't mean to be fat/chubby. Sick free,atleast not often with health problems, kid is a healthy kid. Also it depends on the gene.

1 person likes this.
  8. aaral

aaral Silver IL'ite

Dear Ramra,
    My son is exactly like your son. People will talk anyway, if he was plump they will say he is fat , control his food make him exercise, you are giving him junk food etc. So don't pay attention, earlier I used to suffer from sleepless nights and always felt guilty that I am not taking proper care of him. But later I realized I care the most for my child and doing as much as possible for his well being, now when some one suggests do this or that I completely ignore their advice, but pretend that i am listening :wink:. Enjoy your child's childhood like I did mine. They grow up so fast, blink your eyes and one more year is gone.

By the way your son's diet is very healthy and well thought :goodidea: . Keep it up.

1 person likes this.
  9. Mahajanpragati

Mahajanpragati Platinum IL'ite

hi,
    i am in same boat.....people specially relatives would comment that my son is 'kamzoor'it really used to annoy me like anything.............then i back answered a relative in a get together telling her to say something positive for a change.i mean the child has grown height or looks smart or something instead of this'kamzoor' comment always..........many people around us heard this & thankfully never again dared to comment on physical status of me or my kids..............all i want to say that you can't back answer strangers but friends or relatives who constantly give this comment should be answered this way............
    one of my friends told a so called well wisher who commented on the thin frame of her dd that 'she is a human kid & not an elephant baby '.

10. srjaya

srjaya Senior IL'ite

hi rama,

Right now i am in the sailing in the same boat . by seeing your post i felt so happy atleast there is someone who thinks in the same way as i am . Exactly looking lean does'nt mean that he is sick or mom is not taking care .

my daughter is very thin just like me when i was a child (my relatives say she went on her mom -genes ) but my inlaws they just compare my daughter with my sil daughter she looks like she is born to eat only ...,they comment that i am not taking good care of her and some even ask me "is your mom feeding you ? i felt so bad and said doctor says her growth is healthy
    that is all we need and we care ..., d'nt want child obese issues, but i know for sure i am doing the best i could for my kid .., but i sometimes hear the samething from my dh i feel guilty and i don't know what to do?:drowning

1 person likes this.