1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Idu Naidu Hall Samacharam

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Manjureddy, Aug 10, 2007.

1. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Manjulaji,

Hi read yr article and found it damn funny.You have a funny bone.

I am a male and a new comer,and i dont know if i am allowed to comment on yr article.But it is not indecent dont worry.

My undies even today wife buys mostly.Hers, she buys, i stay off.

Just once she told me to buy for her some bras, she told me the size,and the shop and off i went.

In the shop, the salesmen were men.,rather boys early twenties.A mother and daughter were standing,choosing for the daughter.The daughter wanted the skimpiest of the bras ad the panties,and the salesman was having a great time,telling her, baby this size wont fit u,take the bigger size etc.Neither the mom or the daughter were ashamed,but i was getting red in the face.

As my turn came, i just took the bras and fled never to go there again.

Regards.kamal

2. Manjureddy

Manjureddy Gold IL'ite

Dear.........
    Sathya, those infuriating longdistance calls again ! "no need to buy..bang the reciever " ! Perfect ! .... MBBS ? Sad ,never heard of it in schooldays, it would have enriched out small phrasebook. We only knew "good morning", "OSO ( one side off) , SLM ( sunday-longer-than-monday) etc.Thanx for yr. sweet words in last para.

Tamil, another gatecrasher ! Well, vellam thalaikku mel poyacchu, maanam kappal eriyacchu ! So i can only say, thanx for visiting and for the kind words ! Cant remember that nagesh comedy. But just visualising him in that situation makes me laugh. Nagesh is classic !

Meenu, No "fertile imagination" god promise ! If i had to put daddy- dearest in an imaginary situation I'd have thought of something more dignified and glorious like say, mentor to Azim Premji or Nuclear Energy advisor to Indira Gandhi or some such thing, not a loony situation like this ! ....and ya, cats and cats all over ! Thanx for yr. apprectative words.

Meena, :mrgreen:

Kamalji, "allowed" and "not allowed" has lost meaning here; so, welcome to the party ! At last we hear of one hubby actually buying stuff for wifey ! Re. yr. red face, women have somehow got used to saleamen, wonder how men feel about saleswomen in a section for men's stuff ? ! Thanx for yr. FB.

regards
    manjula

3. twinsmom

twinsmom Silver IL'ite

Hi Manju,
    Am, I suppose the last in the line of commenters...( I really hope not...such a hilarious piece deserves scores more of comments...)

HAd a terrifc time giggling while reading...and reading while giggling! Seems like a page from my past... All these hush hush affair...But I tell my folk to buy it themselves as I don't want them to end up with hernia or constantly hitching themselves up! As for mine... I don't trust anyone to do it well...( even myself! tsk...tsk...)
    Thank you for the wonderful read!:2thumbsup:

4. Manjureddy

Manjureddy Gold IL'ite

Hi T.mom !
    Hernia and hitching-up !!!!!:rotfl
    And Oh the never ending woes of finding that purrrrrfect fit !Tsk Tsk indeed !
    Thanx for the zippy FB
    rgds
    manjula

5. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Hai Manju,
    myself and my niece had a good laugh! Really it is very nice. I never took the risk and got my things on my own. But for my son and hubby, I have to do the shopping. My son is young so it is okay. But hubby is such a lazy goose that he does not even say when his ug should be changed.
    Last week, we went to, yes, Naidu Hall for ug shopping. Myself, niece and the boys. I told them to sit in the ground floor, to avoid embarassement for themselves and also for the other customers. We took a long time in getting the right things and the boys were bored to death.
    But today women are more open and they even discuss about what to buy with their hubby, who accompanies them.
    I want to share a very special happening here. I was working in the parcel office in Central then. I was the only woman there and there were no toilets in the office. One has to use the toilet in the train compartment only. I suddenly got my periods in the office and I was not prepared for that. The road adjustant to the office is mostly inhibited with men and it is not wise to go out and buy the S.Nap. I had no other option but to tell my close friend in the office about my problem. He was so magnanimous and offered to get me the sn. I gave him the name in a slip and he saved me that day. I have quit the job long back, but he remains my friend to this day.

6. Manjureddy

Manjureddy Gold IL'ite

Dear Varaleksmy,
    Thanx for the nice FB. (Though i dont know if one can call that nightmarish incident you have narrated as "Nice " ! ) Poor you !:oops: ... what a fix !

But really, its a nuisance, not having ladies rooms in public places. Even today , most establishments have only a naam-ke-vaaste room, ( some so narrow , y'd hit yr. elbows against the two walls before using the facility) and i have seen overflowing bins ( oh yes, yes ! those SNs !) in some public rest rooms .....worst, i once went to The Corporation office in Bangalore and what do I see ! A cleaner (Male !) dumping contents of the bin from the ladies room into a larger container in a wheel barrow IN FULL VIEW of everyone, to be taken away . Horrible ! In totally crude situations like this where is the point in us ,women, being shy and delicate - of UG buying !

PS: Just last night, on the Karan Johar show, Shah Rukh Khan , when asked whats the first thing he'd do if made the head of state,replied he'd build enough decent, clean, public utilities for women all over India ! Isn't that thoughtful of him ! If he contested elections, I"ll vote for him !

Regards
    manjula

7. Meeta

Meeta Bronze IL'ite

Hi Manju.........
    :rotflhilarious.....simply could resist laughing.... I was always loved reading your posts and laughed thr.out the reading........
    It made me think abt my family where my mom always brought UGs for all of us......say my bros, me or my papa.........
    When I learned driving, i started buying my own.........but buying for the first time was so :oops: ..........can't tell you.
    Now, I am habituated.........doing my mom's role..........buying stuffs for all by myself.......if I go for shopping alone........
    Thanks for nice write ups......god gives you more time to post some more hilarious stuffs like this:2thumbsup: :thankyou2:
    Bye.........

8. Manjureddy

Manjureddy Gold IL'ite

Hello Meeta
    Glad you enjoyed it. We have all had our :oops:moments, havnt we !
    Thank you for your goodwishes.
    regards
    manjula

9. manjumnair

manjumnair Silver IL'ite

Hi Manju,

I think I am too late in this thread... But after reading your post, I couldn't help... I just want to tell you that, it was a great great post... :2thumbsup: I enjoyed every word u wrote...

Even my father was ready to buy SN for us...my mother and we two sisters... But he was not ready to go for Ugs... Now, after marriage, myself and my hubby goes for shopping together only... When it comes to buying Ugs, he takes our daughter and goes away to another section leaving me alone to buy them... He used to get the SN from the shops in the initial days of marriage... but now that has stopped... I don't know why....

Your post was hilarious... Thanks for sharing your experiences..

10. Oviya

Oviya Silver IL'ite

Dear Manju,

Referred by Pa(Cheeniya Sir) I could have the wonderful experience of reading your posts. Thanks a lot to him.

I read some of your threads. Now, starting my FB from this thread.

It was a great post.