1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Idu Naidu Hall Samacharam

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Manjureddy, Aug 10, 2007.

1. sowminivibu

sowminivibu Silver IL'ite

hi manju

a wonderful and very well composed post.....well i can just fittingly say "SABASH SERIYANA POTTI"...:tongue ......nice and very entertaining to read and ur trunk call scene was the highlight of the whole post....well i feel there are still a lot of fathers who do not feel bad abt buying a sanitary napkin for their fdaughters but when it cums to husbands i dunno know if even 1 out of 100 wud b ready to buy a S.Napkin for his wife..we need to wait n watch if these husbands wud buy s.napkins n undys for their daughters .....:mrgreen: ..being frm a family of three daughters,one thing tht i wud appreciate abt my dad is he wud run to the medical shop at any part of the day to buy these s.napkins for us..he never saw anything wrong in buying it for his children...

lov
    sowmi

2. Malathijagan

Malathijagan Silver IL'ite

Of course I had read your post in the other thread of Cheeniya's. And I wanted to provoke you for not having left your trail here! I am sure the rest would follow too!

3. gayathriar

gayathriar Bronze IL'ite

Dear Manju

A very hillarious post - too hillarious to be true...!

Is your mom aware of this post? If she is, I am sure, some pictureque similies like Kokku, Ottadaikucchi, etc., awaits you...!

-Gayathri

4. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dearest Manju....

You earned the 'est' because you make me and keep me happy just with a stroke of a pen ! ( Okay ma...click of a key!).

Just as I was recovering from the pleasure of reading Ch's post on his ug ramblings, lo behold, another more hilarious one hits my laugh muscles:) I must say that you are blessed with a special prowess over words and the icing is the humor with which you generously paint those with. Like many others here, I too sincerely wish that you should write regularly here ....for us..!! :-D

Besides, you did discover that you did not belong to a freak family and a freaker ug shopping dad...there are many others, right!?

After being asked by my fellow school girls who were all somehow and somewhat more sophisticated (anglo-indians and n-indians plus army background kids) as to why I wore two petticoats under my white school uniform, I put up a resistance at home against wearing our tailor-made ug which was nothing more than a sleeveless blouse!!!! After the green signal from mom, I designated my Gujerati friend to do the shopping for me. She did...and promptly sent it home to me with her handsome brother. When he parked his scooter at our gate and walked in and gave the goods and explained how much I owed, I died a simple death, then and there:mad:
    Out of that, emerged the new bold me who went and did the shopping next time round and became wiser about the sizes, cuts and quality!!!!

See, you woke many memories and many feelings by this very 'revealing' post of yours.

Me want more!!

L, Kamla

Last edited: Aug 16, 2007
  5. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

And to the Not Induslady Sridhar.....

You worked your way with total logic...after all, CA's mind allavo?:-D

L, Kamla

6. Manjureddy

Manjureddy Gold IL'ite

DEAR..........

Meena, thanx for the kind words. Yeah, men do hate shopping - for their wives, maybe. But i have seen too many young studs around "interesting"sections of Malls before Valentine's Day to dismiss the whole lot as shopping-haters !

Malathy, have no doubts. We are not only cleverer but kindhearted too. If us, gracious ladies, had kept off ambalainga samacharam, Cheeniya would have elicited just 3 responses. How can we allow the poor old dear's irrepressible rambling to wilt for want of sufficient attention ? Just not in us to be so cruel, no ? Whereas, boys tresspassing into expressly prohibited territory are not only sly but.....no, i wont say anything more. Thanx for the congrats!

Obdurate -Tresspasser- Varalotti ,a scene from a tamil play ( of Y.G.Mahen. or Crazy Mohan i dont remember). This fellow addresses a gathering as " Ladies, Gentlemen and Vasu..." Vasu, obv. , is not a lady. And by having exhibited some very ungentlemanly behaviour, cannot be classed under the second category too, hence a category all by himself. Perhaps i shud've selected some such wording for my warning board; just forgot for a mo. that you belong to a species that thrives on looking for loopholes to cook accountbooks with...........oh well, what good will shooting barbs do now ? " ****** muthugil mazhai !" So, I've decided on the "manniththom, maranthom" mode, esp. since you are, as you claim, still laughing !

Sowmi, No Potti. Just trickledown inspiration. Cheeniya inspires Vanaja to come out with a hilarious Narrukk comment, and that inspires me to write this, thats all. And yeah, men are strange chameleons changing colors from boyhood to husbandhood to fatherhood all distinctly diff. Real "specimens"yaar !

Gayathri, its truely true, nothing but truth. And no, Amma does not know i am doing wicked things like airing family lingerie in public. She thinks IL is a nice Satsang society like her ladies club. ( PS: her similie for "shameless" is Ulakkai meaning Pestle)

Kamla, real thrilled to earn the "est"crown. Gee, Thanks ! Yes, writing this has been like speaking in Alcoholics Annonymous or something, y'kno finding a big gang of products -of- freaky -families has been cathartic ,no less ! And now you are coming out with more scandalous secrets like having handsome Gujju hunks hand delivering your undies ! Yikes ! Skeletons tumbling out by the dozen, what !!!!

Thank you all very much for yr. lovely FBs., friends
    rgds.
    manjula

7. sathya

sathya Gold IL'ite

hello manju

this sounds very much
    like the giggles
    when MBBS
    meant in whispers as ....
    members of the big buttocks society...
    to us when we were kids...
    luckily they didnt say
    it was
    members of the big bosoms society?
    anyway dads are dads
    and we had loving uncles
    too..periappa...
    who bought it only in dozens or half...
    to imagine how he would have
    ordered it in a mall....?
    and the long distance calls...
    when we had to talk through a
    std operator who may or may not be on the line...
    my sis in law yelling
    what size
    hey cant hear louder
    shut up he may be on the line
    oh then how do i get it?
    how many times do i shout...?
    no need to buy it....and
    bang the receiver......

enjoyed reading it...
    kan mun niruthum
    varthai jaalangangal
    vaai vittu sirikkavum
    vaithathe...

sathya

8. Tamildownunder

Tamildownunder Bronze IL'ite

Dear Manjureddy,

Now that varalotti has opened the trespass, I am also trespassing into your thread which is as usual hilarious. I was just thinking hilariously like you, when your father gives details over the phone what will happen if at the other end they misinterpret it like Nagesh did (which movie???:bangcomp:) taking the wavelengths of radio stations as measures for stiching a shirt. :)

Regards,

TDU

9. meenu

meenu Bronze IL'ite

Dear manju,
    Your bold and hilarious post is letting the cat out of everybody's bag.You ice your writings with so much humour that it lifts my gloom away. Your father's trunk call is a fertile imagination,I hope. I can read your posts with a smile only.
    Keep entertaining us.I would have recommended this as the most enjoyable post but am wondering whether UGs should get a prize!!!!!!!!!!!
    Regards,
    Meenu

10. meenakrishnan

meenakrishnan Bronze IL'ite

:rotfl Hi Manju!
    Next Feb I'll see that my darling hubby is engaged in bhajans or childrens' studies:shhh: