1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Idu Naidu Hall Samacharam

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Manjureddy, Aug 10, 2007.

1. srinivasan_vanaja

srinivasan_vanaja Gold IL'ite

hi manju,

your post starts with my name :-D and :-( too. thank you. who made you to write this, me or cheeniya sir? anyways compliments to you :2thumbsup:.

i envy you, to have such a responsible father. that trunk-call is very very caring. i need to keep a dictionary near me to read your posts. keep going.

regards,

vanaja

2. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Manjureddy,

Once again a WOW post from you. You just made me laugh, laugh and laugh only.

I could visualize the scene of that olden days trunk call from your writings, your father shouting for the sizes and your sister blushing or feeling ashamed. I just could not stop reading it out to Jey and we had a hearty laugh.

Keep more hilarious stuff like this coming for IL ites. All are enjoying it!

Malathy

3. Vandhana

Vandhana Silver IL'ite

Hi manju,
    Nice to read your writings again after a long time. I did have a really hearty laugh reading about the trunk calls etc. I do remember those days... Too bad I did not have a dad ( or mom) to do all this shopping for me. From ever since i can remember, i have been left to fend for myself!!

Do keep wrinting and posting on IL.

vandhana

4. kanaka Raghavan

kanaka Raghavan IL Hall of Fame

Dear Manju
    your post was really really great.I remember my father has bought clothes for all the three of us.

5. aishu22

aishu22 Gold IL'ite

Dear Manju,
    All i can say is: i laughed, laughed and l.............

Nice post.. keep posting!

6. Manjureddy

Manjureddy Gold IL'ite

Dear Vanaja,
    Why :-( ? That made me :-( too !

Believe me, You are the main catalyst for me to write this blog. When I read your FB in Cheeniya's forum, I had a hearty laugh. Esp. that remark : " enna periya ambalainga samacharam" followed by that expressive icon ! Just loved it ! It made me think of my uncles, then from there the train of thoughts went to our family's arrangements for getting UGs. I wanted to respond to your post in that thread itself, but then, dint want to bring out and hang feminine lingerie in the ambalainga samacharam thread ! Mother wouldnt approve !

So Vanaja ! here's the vote of thanks due to you. Thank you for inspiring me to write this.:-D
    rgds
    manjula

7. Manjureddy

Manjureddy Gold IL'ite

Dear All
    I am very grateful to every one of you for being so sweet and appreciating my post.

Sunitha ,thats the nicest pinch i ever got, becos. it was such a relief to learn that ours was not , after all, a one-off nutcase -family as i'd imagined ! There were others too !
    Ragini, the tamil title became mandatory as i had to pay tribute to the thread from whose FB , this came as an offshoot. But Viva Curiosity ! so glad you visited.
    Sreelata, Shantha,Sindhuja, ( the S gang ?) i am very happy that you all enjoyed it.
    Nivedi, Dept.Stores and Malls today are indeed a boon not only for us shoppers but to poor salesmen too, i guess !
    Janani, getting sizes checked by men !!!:shock: Not a "lovable"situation at all !
    Abha(Tv), kind of you to write encouraging words.
    Sundari, I can well understand yr. daughter's hesitation, as i have seen a lingerie Show and Sale in FTV once ! And Sun., getting hep strapless thingies becos. of daddy's mistake ! So exciting ,ya !
    Malathy (IL) ,i felt most honoured by your FB. All thanx to you and this wonderful site, i have friends appreciating my yakkety-yaks - and thats a real high or what ! Most grateful to you.
    Vandhana, (long time no see u too !)What "too bad" ? I'd've given my right arm to have had that freedom to "fend for myself" in such shopping !
    Kanaka, what ! another Lingerie-Buying-Dad ? ! Well, well, the club seems to have been quite crowded ! Maybe thats why I never saw my Father being embarrassed,ever!
    Aishu, your avatar acting out your words made my day !

THANK YOU, FRIENDS
    rgds,
    manjula

8. meenakrishnan

meenakrishnan Bronze IL'ite

Hi Manju
    :lol:
    Enjoyed each and every bit of that wonderful post,esply trunk call matter.
    Most men hate shopping but there are times when they have to.You just play with words and I love your writing style.
    Expecting more from you
    Bye
    Meena

Last edited: Aug 13, 2007
  9. Malathijagan

Malathijagan Silver IL'ite

Hi Manju!
    I think I have joined this thread a little late and of course there was a bonus in the form of fbs,all sharing their embarrassments and experiences. And as per your request( should I say warning?), Cheeniya, TDU and other Indus- Ladies of male gender- even though they would have visited this thread on the sly, have stopped short of posting fbs! That is where we females make the difference! We love treading into 'No Trespass zones' and leave our trail behind whereas our counterparts of the other gender do it on the sly! I wonder who is cleverer of the two?:-( (Or have I missed out on their fbs here?
    Also let me congratulate you for a fitting post to that of both the 'Sris'. Only you could have brought the same intensity of humour to match theirs!
    Manju, we would like to see your contributions more often.

10. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Hi Malathi,

I knew how Manju's mind worked. She specifically excluded Cheeniya and TDU and other Indusladies of male gender. Well I did an extensive and intensive soul-searching to find out that I am neither Cheeniya nor TDU nor am I an Induslady of male gender. (A member of Indusladies.Com is not an Induslady in as much a member/employee of Naidu Hall is not a Naidu).

That is why I ventured to write in this thread. But after a while I was afraid that Manju Reddy might have meant to ban me out of this thread and by a typo or a generall commission, my name was excluded. I did not want to incur her wrath and promptly moved my post over to Ambalainga Samacharam though what I meant was out and out Pombalainga Samacharam.

This is to tell you Malathi (with the fond hope that you will tell MR) that I did not do it on the sly but did it openly and even referred to this in my post Satan Quoting the verses. But then as MR was standing guard for this woman's fort, I moved out to the other thread.

Also let me congratulate you for a fitting post to that of both the 'Sris'. Only you could have brought the same intensity of humour to match theirs!

But honestly, Malathi, in this case MR's humour was more pointed than ours. Even now thinking about the trunkcall from Thiruppur I cannot control my laugh.

Now MR, it's your turn to aim your barbs at me. Go ahead and shoot.
    regards,