1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Idu aambalainga samacharam!

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, Aug 8, 2007.

1. Manjureddy

Manjureddy Gold IL'ite

:rotfl
    Adi aathee ! Intha perisu adikkira kottam thaangalai sami ! Vayiru punnaaa pocchuthungo !

:rotfl

------------------
    Kamla,
    Vathiyar in CK was howlarious !
    In our weddings, this transparent puthu -veshti is really an embarassing feature. Not only do we get to see either the bride's or groom's father wearing ill fitting boxers ( u'kno, one-side-up-one-side-down) but at times, a priest sporting the famous patta-patti too ! Worst scenario is when the videographer is positioned behind the mappillai at thaali time , his chela focussing the full glare of his flash directly at the groom's behind and the label of his new undie getting megaexposure on those screens generously placed all over the kalyanamantapam ! :mrgreen:

rgds
    manjula

2. kripa shankari

kripa shankari New IL'ite

dear cheeniya
    that was a hilarious post.
    nice follow ups withunderwear jokes.
    what a co incidence.
    we were just having an underwear talking session with my daughter.
    i live in a joint family with my in laws.
    the rule at my in laws place is u/w is for wearing in the occasions u step out of the house.
    i somehow managed to protect my daughter from this kudumba paramparyam these 5 years.
    that was until yesterday.
    she is just 5 years old mind you.
    yesterday she refused to wear her undies and i really got angry and raised my voice.
    we were all watching TV at that time.
    prompt came the reply from my daughter.
    no one else wears in this house so why should i?
    we were all stunned.
    she then immediately took all of us to the bathroom to show us two sets of undies thrown away in the basket.
    we could not hold back afteer that.
    it took us 5 minutes to stop laughing .
    so it not only involves whether u wear it in or out,
    but i guess u wear it or not.
    sorry for being a bit naughty.
    luv
    krips

3. sunitha

sunitha Gold IL'ite

I loved that comment,Manju!!!:yes:

4. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sri,

Are we celebrating the "Back to Basics Week" in IL? Your article on fundamental necessities has inspired a thread entitled "Idhu Pombalainga Samacharam" and more interestingly has instigated Manju Reddy to go ahead with "Idhu Naidu Hall Samacharam", of course with entries banned to males. Basics for women is basically interesing than those for the men. So here are my two cents on that.

I originally posted this in the Naidu Hall thread but then remembered my wife's instructions never to go near that shop for any reason whatsoever and have come back here. (Incidentally Naidu Hall is branching out into textile variants other than what they are proverbially famous for. The newly coined universal brand name is NaiHa. Does not sound very romantic, uh?)

The trunk call from Thiruppur part of the Naidu Hall thread is sure to make even the most serious Sikkandars to laugh their hearts out. But males, don't even go near that thread. Manju Reddy is keeping guard.

So my experience with the basics for women.

Long back I and my wife had a code word for those basics. I can reveal only the top half. The code word was Banking Regulation Act. This act regulates all banks in India. The decoding mechanism is the reverse of acronym. In an acronym you expand... but here..... those of you who got it right,send a competition post card to IL organisers to claim a free gift around the world for the lucky ones selected out of those who had their basics right.

Those days, not very long ago, I used to accompany my wife on her shopping sprees. But when it came to matters as fundamental as the subject matter of this thread, she would draw a clear line. She would make me sit in the entrance of the shop along with the cashier. My duty will be only to pay when the bill is presented. The idea is that I should not see the pictures on those beautiful boxes. (Honestly I have not seen (m)any of them).

But once as I was doing my sentry duty, the shop's cashier had walked out for a coffee break. And a middle aged woman entering the shop asked me "Do you have... elastic...... ?" I dont want to incur infractions by repeating her question. I blushed and could not bring myself to speak. Just showed her in.

When I told this to my wife she then decided to make me stand outside the shop with a book in hand. A middle aged accountant standing with a book on the door of a ladies' inner-garments shop should be one of the most amusing sights in the world. To add insult to the injury, next day some acquaintance would call up to enquire, "What were you doing outside 'My Fair Lady' (thats the name of the shop) at eight pm? Cant you find a better place to read your books?"

And now I have opted for voluntary retirement from shopping duties as far as the basics are concerned. What a relief, Ladies and Gentlemen!

Sri, I enjoyed your writing so much that I cannot help digging out for similar experiences in my life. Thanks a lot for the provocation.

Ladies Please do not read after this. This is a private aside between the two sris.
    This is strictly between us, Sri. One day I want to become a superman. If not in prowess, at least in the way he dresses himself. ha ha

regards,

5. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sunitha
    I do wish that someone does a feature on what makes a superman click in CNN IBN! As of now, I can see that the manner in which a superman wears his underwear is the only way he shows his supremacy!
    I can understand his need to keep flying all the time instead of moving around on terra firma is to protect his underwear from getting dirtied particularly when he wears it outside!
    You will notice that as Clark Kent, the normal newspaper reporter who wears his uw as all of us, he doesnt fly around but the moment he wears it out he zooms into the sratosphere!
    Sri

6. Cheeniya

Dear Vandhana
    You are probably right about advertisements for men's undergarments being on the high side in India. Understandably so! Iwas just reading the results of an opinion poll about India in todays The Hindu. A huge majority of Indians continue to regard Mahatma Gandhi as National Icon. There is no wonder that he has a big following in using loin cloth( a combination of a piece of a torn dhoti and a loin thread) as undergarment. Remember Sathi Leelavathi in which the old father of the errant son played brilliantly by Ramesh Arvind uses the loin cloth to drive a wedge between his son and paramour?
    To make the vast population still clinging to loin cloth switch over to branded underwears requires enormous effort. That's why the manufacturers of undergarmens are investing huge sums of money in advertising!
    Sri

7. Cheeniya

Dear TDU
    That was a good observation! Vadivelu too is typical of a thoroughbred rustic who wears his lungi far above the underwear! There used to be an expression to describe such persons in my college days, 'Sunday is longer than Monday!'
    It's nice to see that you too are an admirer of PGW:)
    Sri

8. Cheeniya

Dear srinivasan vanaja
    Indha oru vishayathula veettukku veedu vasappadi than!
    As a male, the psyche is rather peculiar. He'll buy expensive dress material and some undergarments in tandem with them. But when it comes to shopping for an undergarmant, he'll try to push it on to his spouse! I really dont know why.
    But with ladies, it is different. She'll buy silk sarees from Sundari Silks or Nalli and will go to petty shops looking for matching blouse material! She'll buy a Rs 10K saree in a minute but will spend four hours for selecting a matching blouse piee!
    Sri

9. Cheeniya

Dear Rajmi
    You have hit the nail on its head.
    Men are very prone to get sentimentally attached to whatever they use. Their reluctance to throw away undergarments even if they have only the waistband intact and the rest of it is torn is the outcome of this sentimentality. He would rather have the inevitable burial performed by his better half than be a party to it!
    As regards the ads, using a female model in ads irrespective of the products is the order of the day!
    Sri

10. Cheeniya

Dear Induslady
    When I decided to post this thread, I was a bit apprehensive if the title would set off a chain reaction that might result in a set back to the high standards that you are setting for the contents of IL. Immediately after posting, I was out of Chennai for a couple of days and on coming back, I was surprised to see so many views and comments. I was also surprised to see some of the reactions. I really wonder if I should have resorted to such a title!
    On the flip side, I am happy you liked it, considered it funny and saw only the humour content of it.
    Sri