1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Idu aambalainga samacharam!

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, Aug 8, 2007.

1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sri,
    neenga ambalainga samacharathai, ladies foruum le ezuthina, nanga pombalainga kattayam badil ezuthuvomungo !

My heart skipped a beat when I started reading the following sentence
    I have no doubt that all of you are aware of the essential difference between a man and a .....
    Thank god, for small mercies !

What a fallacy, the underwear advts create about the man being macho! Well, now for the sake of modesty, I will stop with just mentioning that the less said about it, the better !

You seem to be a special avid watcher of "choice" advertisements ! I am glad you stopped with
    the camera pans to the underwear that the winner is wearing!
    You refrained from dwelling deeper- again, thankyou God !

Well, Sri, how do we find whether the man, we are interested in, is wearing a branded one or not, before we decide on him ? Like a superman you talk about, he will have to wear it over his pants to attract a coquettish smile that he is identified as "the man".

Love,
    Chithra.

<xml id=yoombaxml></xml>

2. aishu22

aishu22 Gold IL'ite

Dear Sri,
    Hillarious post indeed! Ladies forumla... ambalainga samacharam...hmm... when i read this post out to my hubby, he rolled into laughter.. He then started enquiring abt you.....hee hee........ nothing to worry indeed! hes a good guy, not a superman.

Keep Rocking!

3. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

This is called 'marketing strategy' ! Pombalainga forum ku vandhu ambalainga samacharam solradhu !!
    Slowly but surely, we are getting to know the real Cheeniya. Not only do you watch the midnight masala, you also seem to keenly observe the underwear ads and its psyche' :mrgreen: We poor NRI's are not offered such tele fare, as Vandhana already has mentioned. We somehow make do with all the beachwear ads and
    Victoria's secrets (!) etc etc....
    All this talk about mens' 'branded' underwear took me back to my daughter's wedding. I must share it with all of you here!
    Our German friends attended her wedding with great enthu and enjoyed every bit of it as it was their first experience of an Indian wedding... south Indian, must add. I must also mention that it took place here, in NJ, in a popular temple. Needless to say that they crowded around the pandhal with all their still and video cameras and recorded for posterity! After the wedding, I asked them what they were mostly impressed with. All our lady friends were unanimous with one thing.....the CK (Calvin Klein) underwear that the priest wore under his white clean dhoti!!!!!!!!!!! True to their words, though the priest looked extremely traditional with his mudi, namam, veshti etc etc, he did wear chic Calvin Klein underwear under his see thru (nearly!) dhoti which was quite obvious in all the photos they dutifully took !!!!!

L, Kamla:-D

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

sri sir and chitra and kamla,

I just read this thread today morning. it is sure going to keep me smiling for the rest of the day.

On a serious note, I for one of those who is against these ads. there was a court ruling recently to remove the ads for two brands. but again the same crops up.

5. Malathijagan

Malathijagan Silver IL'ite

They at times dont even bother to throw off the torn ones too and it will be the women who will throw it off while washing it or while folding it.
    This part I agree with you! And as usual Cheeniya sir has made us roll with laughter, this time with 'aambalainga samacharam!' Ithink he will leave nothing under the sun when it comes to make us laugh our hearts out!

6. Malathijagan

Malathijagan Silver IL'ite

Dear Kamla,
    I really enjoyed this post too, as much as the original one started by Cheeniya sir!

7. abhatv

abhatv Senior IL'ite

Hello Cheeniya sir,

You have real guts to keep the title as you did and post it in what is essentially a ladies forum. This can be only as the 'other Sri' told in one of his reply posts-to draw unfailingly the attention of everyone who surfs IL. I will say again- you & Chitvish are the naughtiest ones in this forum. But the post is too good.

By the way I am also in the category of those who buy UGs for the menfolk in my family.

Regards,

Abha.

8. So Sure

So Sure Senior IL'ite

“the success of all successful men is attributed to the kind of undergarments that they wear” – you really believe that? Oh, my God! Grow up, Sugar Daddy! Senile or not, you know better! I’m So Sure you are being modest. :wink:
    Idu aambalainga samacharama? If you are trying to get the attention Madhuri Dixit got with “Choli Ke Pechchae Kya hai?” you will get it! But Madhuri Dixit is pretty… Her Choli is pretty… Her … ! How about you? :oops:
    So, what was the point of this post? I’m not So Sure!
    Regards,
    Sharada

9. Nivedi

Nivedi New IL'ite

I remember another Indian ad where a fat kid says "Ye andhar ki baat hai".....I think it was Rupa or Lux banian. The ad's in India are far better that the soap operas.

The post and rejoinders are all hilarious!:rotfl

10. Tamildownunder

Tamildownunder Bronze IL'ite

Dear Cheeniya,

These are some of the jokes with underwear:

1. Always! wear clean underwear in public, especially when working under your vehicle.

From the Northwest Florida Daily News comes this story of a Crestview couple who drove their car to Walmart, only to have their car break down in the parking lot. The man told his wife to carry on with the shopping while he fixed the car in the lot.

The wife returned later to see a small group of people near the car. On closer inspection, she saw a pair of male legs protruding from under the chassis.

Although the man was in shorts, his lack of underwear turned private parts into glaringly public ones. Unable to stand the embarrassment, she dutifully stepped forward, quickly put her hand UP his shorts, and tucked everything back into place.

On regaining her feet, she looked across the hood and found herself staring at her husband who was standing idly by.

The mechanic, however, had to have three stitches in his forehead.

2. When a grandson asked his grandmother she replied "I'm not sure." "Look in your underwear, Grandma," he advised. "Mine says I'm four to six."

3. Why don't men wear tight underwear? It cuts off circulation to the brain!

Regards,

TDU