1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Idli as sudershan chakra - life savers

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Oct 28, 2010.

1. Soldier

Soldier Gold IL'ite

Very rightly said. Idly is the best tiffin for all ages and for all health conditions. Easy to make and easy to pack and carry. Easy to eat also. If we have the idli batter, when we have sudden guests, by the time idli gets cooked, we can make chutney quickly and serve them followed by hot mouthwatering coffee and get everyone's appreciation.

Really long live Idli!

2. ILoveTulips

ILoveTulips IL Hall of Fame

Yes mam u r right... people are slowly avoiding doing idlies in home.. they think its lot of work .. too many vessels to wash and some times the idly cloth to wash... so they just eat idlies in hotel....

I like Idly with super spicy molaga chutney...

and when my mom do Naatukozhi kozhambu for idly...

Sorry if I spoiled your appetite now by saying something you dont eat... but I wanted to share.. :)

3. geetsun

geetsun Junior IL'ite

Hi ma, u hve not said one thing about idli. It is so commonly available in all our restaurants. Once I got married, my husband used to tell me 'do not prepare idli since I am fed up with it'. He has taken idli as the breakfast item in his college hostel days almost daily to the extent that he did not allow me to make it till my daughter was born. U know for kids always rule gets changed. That is my experience with idli. Rightly said it is 'sudarshan chakra' - life saver for all of us. geetsun

4. devapriya

devapriya IL Hall of Fame

Viji ma,

You are true... Yeah idly is "Sudharshan chakra"- Life saver. In cities 90% of Women are working.So I think, they have no time to grind up the rice flour and they are looking for easily making dishes.

5. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Welcome to my blogs murphy dear, glad to know you also like idlis with milagapodi and enjoy relishing it. Thanks for coming here

love
    viji

[

6. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Deva dear ya those who are working for them it is difficult but idli is also easy to make

love
    viji

7. Coffeelover

Coffeelover Platinum IL'ite

Viji, do you know that Dosai is called "Charkarth alwar' something in traditional Iyengar House. I didn't know about idli.

I don't care for idli that much except for travelling with millagai podi . But my family loves it and I do make often.

Happy Diwali

8. murphybaby77

murphybaby77 Gold IL'ite

Thanks Viji,
    In our south indian food culture,our food eating habits naturally gave us all protiens,vitamins which suits to our climatic conditions.Its a pity we have started coping the western and northern diets.Only WE THE LADIES must understand these concept and must me strict in atleast in morning breakfast.Urad dhal --ulunthu is supposed tobe best for hip bones.the pottukadalai(fried channa)is full of protien

All magazines,newproduct sellers talk a lot abt vitamines and protiens,but we got evey thing in our IDLY MULAGHAPODI.

Hats off to our balanced diet,
    Long lecture i have given sorry, but please ILITS at least one a week make idlies.Hiiii
    poorni

9. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Mallika dear sorry I forgot to give you reply.You are right idli is easy to make and a good tiffin also. Fast also.

love
    viji

]

10. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

I Love Tulips and Geetsun

Thank you for your fb and sorry for the delay in replying. Nice to know you two also love idlis

love
    viji