Identical twins- need some support

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by suganvijay, Aug 3, 2013.

1. suganvijay

suganvijay Platinum IL'ite

Hi all,
    I belong to January due date club and doctor has told me through scan that I'm carrying monochorionic mono amniotic twin(identical twin). I have visited a lot of threads and none of the thread seem to have discussed about this identical twin! This twin gift from god comes with a freebie called complications! Has any if you or your family had identical twin babies ?? And how are the babies doing now ?? I really need some moral support, I thought hearing some of the IL story might bring in Some confidence in me! Expecting replies! Pls help me!! Thanks is in advance!

2. dave08

dave08 New IL'ite

Congratulations..... identical twins are great to have! twice the fun and twice the mischief!

2 people like this.
  3. suganvijay

Thanks for your wishes Dave! I like your signature quote a lot !"If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it." It makes me feel better! :)

2 people like this.
  4. Barbie2013

Barbie2013 Silver IL'ite

I dont have idea about identical twins.
    Dont worry dear. Take care of your health. Rest all god will take care.
    Dont feel stressed out thinking about twins.
    Very few have the chance of being parents for twins and u got one.
    We ILs also pray on ur behalf that u should give birth to healthy cutie cutie babies.

1 person likes this.
  5. suganvijay

Thanks Barbie! I hope the Almighty stays with us and help us with healthy babies! I have been doing special pooja every Saturday exclusively for my babies light lamps for anjenaya swamy, vinayagar and durgai!

6. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

Dear SuganVijay Sister,

CONGRATS!!!:thumbsup

It is quite rare to have identical TWINS, and you have been BLESSED rather selected to be the Right Mom and the Right parents, so he will also give you the strength and guidance and of course the right support to take care of them.

Without too much thinking about post pregnancy, just enjoy your journey of pregnancy which is unique in many.

May Baba bless you in abundance and give you strength, health and thoughtfulness throughout the journey of Parenting and also bless you with safe and healthy delivery.

Best Wishes, Take care, Sairam

2 people like this.
  7. suganvijay

Thanks sakthi!
    I hope I complete the full term without much complications ! :)

8. slb27

slb27 Senior IL'ite

Hi Suganvijay,
    I had my early pregnancy scan on 11th, at 6 weeks. Doc told me that i too have monochorionic monoamniotic twins. But both are in single yolk sac. After consulting with my gynecologist, she has asked me to do a scan again after 2 weeks. Also i have borderline LM positive. I am so worried now. I had miscarried in March this year at 11th week. I dont want to loose these babies. Can you please tell if you too have both babies in single sack or 2 diff sack? Any information on this will be helpful to me. Thanks in advance.

9. suganvijay

Hi slb,
    Congrats in your pregnancy! Before deciding in whether its a momo twin make sure if there is a septum separating your babies from each other ! If yes then you are not monochorionic mono amniotic rather its monochorionic(single placenta) and 2 amniotic sac for babies. In my case initially doctor wasn't sure if there was a septum seen, in later weeks scan the membrane seemed to be there and hence I was classified under modi twins. Also I didn't get what's LM positive ???

10. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

I have seen two sets of identical twins. initially it is difficult to differentiate that the mother's in both the cases had made a tag differentiation. if my mistake the tag was removed, one of the mother's had an experience of feeding the same baby twice. as they grow up you will learn to differentiate.

enjoy the double bonus. it is not a complication, it is just a extra effort, and you will ace it. God bless.

1 person likes this.