1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Ideas needed to spend time wisely when kids are away at school

Discussion in 'Schoolgoers & Teens' started by abc00, Jul 1, 2011.

1. abc00

abc00 Gold IL'ite

Hi all,

While all these days i was totally busy with managing kids and hardly any time for myself, im beginning to think how i would be spending my time wisely when my younger one also would be off to school full time from this year.

Before i begin to ask you for ideas/options how to spend my time wisely, i want to specify that i CANNOT work on H4 visa status.

Please pour in your ideas.

2. teacher

teacher Platinum IL'ite

I loved the title of your post...enjoy your time:)

You can volunteer at a school, sign up for classes through the county parks and recreation center-especially something absolutely funky (salsa, belly dancing, learn a language, go rock climbing), maybe do a snack and chai evening once a week with friends or as a fund rasier for total strangers...

r

3. anmolhai

anmolhai Platinum IL'ite

Volunteer in school, take up some courses to update yourself for work in future, start a new hobby, read the possibilities are endless :) Enjoy !! I remember I felt lost when my yountest started full time school and was depressed for some time. But I pulled myself together , joined Yoga started walking everyday for an hour for exercise and started teaching scrapbooking classes :D

4. abc00

abc00 Gold IL'ite

Thanks for the replies. I have already enrolled in a couple of classes and also preparing myself for it. I dont want to crib about being bored. This is one good time which i want to enjoy the most and also make everyone at home feel good about it.