Ideas need for Receipes using Ragi Flour

Discussion in 'Recipe Central' started by Manjuananthu, Jan 23, 2013.

1. cutemonster

cutemonster Platinum IL'ite

You can try raggi vada ,it is very tasty and healthy .I had excess Ragi flour and did not know what to do then came across the recipe for Ragi vada and its now a regular snack in my home:)

RAGI VADA, Ragi Flour Vada, Millet Vada Recipe

2. hrastro

hrastro Platinum IL'ite

You can add a big tablespoon of ragi flour to your stuffed paratha's atta (phulkas wont puff with ragi but ok with parathas)

Or Ragi sankati is delicious - Bring a mixture of 1 cup ragi+1 cup water to boil - add 1/2 cup cooked rice and mix well and cook with little salt - add ghee- Goes very well with very sour and theekha mango dal or even just with groundnut chutney !!!

Sometimes if I'm too lazy to make rice (yeah that too happens), I just boil ragi+water and mix it with any leftover dal or sabji with some theekha mixture on top - Have it hot hot and it will be tasty

I even make ragi porridge custard - boil 1 spoon ragi with milk+sugar, add 1 spoon custard powder to some more cold milk, add to this boiling mixture and let boil for 1 minute more. Let it set - you can add the same flavour crush or fruits, add some nuts and dry fruits and enjoy it warm