1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Ideas for taking toddler by two wheeler

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by Vinu4me, Mar 11, 2010.

1. arthidiva

arthidiva Silver IL'ite

hmm ok here is the step by step.. just trying!

ok I removed the steps (I can be awful in writing steps!). Here is a picture of how to do it.. start with the blue lines then the brown line has to go around mommy's waist and be tied there tightly. good luck :)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 13, 2010
  2. tikka

tikka Gold IL'ite

Arthi, you just did a tibetan rucksack with your dupattah! awesome.
    DH has been asking me to take K in a mei-tai on my bike. Unfortunately, he is just too scared. I have a hero honda Street and it neither has the convenient leg space like a scooter not a convenient on the tank space like a motorbike. I probably should just upgrade to a motorbike and ride with K tucked in front of me.
    I know there are cycle safety seats in the west, wondering if any one in India retails them. Too huge to have it shipped or have anyone there bring it. We love cycling and that can sort out my problems a lot.
    Poornima, please do when you get the time. TIA

Last edited: Mar 13, 2010
  3. Vinu4me

Vinu4me Senior IL'ite

Arthi - Thanks! It's just the same way as I thought it would be... the pic clarified things a lot. Will try it out and let you know.

K - I was planning to go to that shop this weekend. But, DH got a headache and refused to take us :(. I needed him, so that I can have both Vinu and my scooter and try it out. God, I wish that one of you girls stayed close by so that we could team up and check such things out. I feel so miserable when I end up so dependent at times.

Regards,
    P

4. arthidiva

arthidiva Silver IL'ite

hey Poornima, hmm dependency ruins my schedules a lot! yes just a little more time and you and Vinu will be more independent.. dont worry.

Tikka, so you ride cycles and motorbikes too? with my weight, I do not trust myself on cycles because I think it is too small for my bum :) I admire women who ride motorbikes.. intend to learn it before I become too old for it. have been asking my DH for many many years.. when we hanged out in beaches.. maybe DS will end up training me.

5. tikka

tikka Gold IL'ite

Arthi, I have a hero honda street, it is small step through motorbike with a foot clutch. I have problems riding a bike with a hand clutch. Second gear, it stalls. I too so admire the women I see on bikes. I am going to learn it now, I dont see why you are too old for it ;-).

6. Joshua123

Joshua123 New IL'ite

Get a seat for the back of your current bike. The extra weight at the back means you have to adjust yourself to different handling, but the riding will be much easier without the seat getting in the way of your knees. Your bike isnt exactly a step-through, but will be easy enough to get you leg across without leaning the bike if you stand next to the rear mounted seat and swing your leg forward over the top tube.

7. tikka

tikka Gold IL'ite

Joshua, usually in India bike means a motorbike and cycle means a bicycle.

8. Vinu4me

Vinu4me Senior IL'ite

Arthi - Your idea worked!!! :thumbsup I don't know about Vinu, but I am more confident about taking her out these days. But, the naughty kid that she is, she is tryin to step outside while I am driving... but I don't get very tensed. It is working for the time being for shorter distances. Need to try out a slightly long distance and see how it goes.

Tikka- This is the link that I told i will give you. http://www.indiamart.com/company/1646379/products.html
    Check it out... the last image... Do you think thsi will work for you and Kiran. I am yet to go and check the shop and the item. It is quite closer for me from where I stay.

Regards,
    P

Last edited: Mar 24, 2010
  9. arthidiva

arthidiva Silver IL'ite

yay.. atleast you started off fine. you will be fine on long rides too.. Hope Vinu is feeling comfy when tied up liked that..

I like that product in the link.. let me know if you can pick up one for me too.. how much does it cost?

10. Vinu4me

Vinu4me Senior IL'ite

That guy told me that it costs Rs.650/-. I am yet to see the product myself. If you really want one, then I shall try to get it for you.

Regards,
    P