1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Ideas for gifts to India

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by padmavathy, Jan 31, 2007.

1. AVR

AVR New IL'ite

Re: Gift Idea for family in India

for elders we can also get compartmented medicine boxes...i got such boxes for my grandparents when i went to india...you get them at the dollar stores..
    this would be of help to them as they needn't have to struggle to search for the medicines each time...arrange the medicines for a week and get done!

2. coolguy5481

coolguy5481 New IL'ite

Hi, I am planning to visit India next month. I am from Maharashtra. I have 2 year old son. We are going to visit India after 3 years. We have so many relatives & friends in India. I want to give gifts mostly to all of them. Please suggest some ideas. And what things we should take with us while traveling with 2 year old son? Please help me.

3. lesasue86

lesasue86 New IL'ite

Hi Padma! i think you should buy chocolates for the kids and dry fruits for elder people. And for youngster buy some electronic gadgets like i-pods for boys and for girls buy makeup products.

4. malathyj

malathyj Silver IL'ite

hi

what about small earrings or semi precious stones or pearls etc which come during sale?

5. kanthaeikon

kanthaeikon Gold IL'ite

Dear Coolguy
    Take in door games which attracts your son block buildings smaller size and comics books (while traveling) For colouring some drawing books etc. I hope you can manage with the food.
    kantha

6. omshanti

omshanti New IL'ite

If you have a wholesale store like "Costco" or "savers" you can get lotions and creams and perfumes in 3/6 bulk packs. People in india love cookies too! You can also try stores like marshalls, tjmaxx and ross for makeup, scarves, hangbags for little girls in your family.

7. JohnTyler

JohnTyler New IL'ite

8. GitaK

GitaK New IL'ite

I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2010
  9. latha_sasi

latha_sasi Silver IL'ite

Hi,
    You can buy some small kitchen aids like peeler,small knife,grater which are very useful and handy.Also you can get almonds,raisins and pistas in big packs and repack them so that you can give to 4 or 5 people.I am sure everyone will appreciate it.

Latha Sasidharan

10. tomhank

tomhank New IL'ite

i think u should take some artificail jewelry for ladies and T-shirts for mens and color items and toys for kids i hope u will enjoy the trip