1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Ideal age to start using conditioners for hair

Discussion in 'Hair Care & Hair Styles' started by srilatharajesh, Sep 27, 2012.

1. srilatharajesh

srilatharajesh Silver IL'ite

hi all

my daughter is 7yr old but she says all her friends in the class use conditioners for their hair. i would like to know if it is good to use at this age and is their any specific conditioner for kids or we can use the same as we do.

2. chetavani50

chetavani50 Gold IL'ite

Dear Srilatha,
    Don't use conditioner for ur DDs hair.Children's hair and body will have the natural way of lustre and shine according to their age.My DD also is 7 years and i always wash her hair with soap-nut. She cries that all her friends use shampoos and they smell wonderfully.But still i strictly avoid and explain her to see their hair after ten years. They will be convinced. Don't apply hair-packs until ur DD has attained 13 years.It's my opinion. Even i did the same and now i have a thichk hair which is eye-biting.

3. srilatharajesh

srilatharajesh Silver IL'ite

hi chetavani

your suggestions are well taken. tell me how you use soap nut as a replacement of shampoo. i will use it both for me and my daughter. please tell me the procedure. will it remove oil applied before bathing.

4. chetavani50

chetavani50 Gold IL'ite

Srilatha,
    Soak soap-nuts (they r available in any supermarket) in hot water for half an hour before head-bath.They become somewhat smooth.After that u mix it thoroughly until u get the froth. Extract as much froth as u can. Use this water to wash ur hair.When u apply this froth on oiled hair it does not show up immediately like shampoos but u have to put a little effort. After sometime it will be easier. I m sure the soap-nuts remove entire oil from ur hair. It is also not harmful to hair.