icici prulife be cautious

Discussion in 'Money Matters' started by dharshiniusa, Oct 13, 2012.

1. dharshiniusa

dharshiniusa Bronze IL'ite

Hi All,
    Be cautious before investing in ICICI bank.My father had invested rupees 50,000 in ICICI prulife..
    He went for confirmation a year later and they say the amout is rupees 47,000 only..He had invested
    in other mutual funds where they r giving 15 % interest and some other banks that r giving 8% interest he got good returns
    even HDFC bank does these kind of fraud stuff
    this is a day light cheating and looting the hard earned money of people...these banks r worst than chitfunds

similar cases have been shown in tv shows too...looks like lot of people are cheated

2. mlsruthi

mlsruthi Silver IL'ite

Hi many thanks for the info provided

3. supriyanaveen

supriyanaveen New IL'ite

Hi,

even i experienced the same with icici prulife.I had taken life time gold with lock in of 3 years and invested 75k.I got around 74k after 3 years...

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

market driven mutual funds have not fared well for the past few years..and also most of the fine print needs to be studied clearly. if there is a exit load..

5. navis

navis Gold IL'ite

hi,

even i had a bad experience with icici preduntial smartkids plan in which we invested for our kid. it was a 18yrs plan and we opted for fixed interest one. then too at the end of 3rd yr they send us a notice claiming we wont be getting the same interest as the market value for all shares have reduced and we were literally asked to either cutdown with the plan or opt for fluctuating interest rates..and when we opt to cutdown and remove the money we were paid lesser amt than what we paid.

6. sandhyapal

sandhyapal Bronze IL'ite

this is really looting people.
    we take care next time while investing and check with the current investments.
    Thanks all for the information

7. Hopefully

Hopefully Gold IL'ite

Hi all,
    As Shanvy said market driven funds did not perform well for the last 2 years.I had made payment of 12,000 per year to bharti-axa future confident fund for the last 3.5 years ,so its 42,000.I never used to get any update on its current value(my carelessness though) all of a sudden i gave a check 2 months before and came to know that current value is 24,000.

Did not want to lose further so i closed the fund.Some funds like the one i invested have high amc charges,they dont care whether fund performs well or not they keep taking some amount of AMC charges every term.

8. SreeSri

SreeSri Gold IL'ite

I am not sure how long we are getting into the trap of these sugar coated fraud of mixing the insurance to the investments.
    Please please please again please ... separate the insurance from the investment.
    For insurance: Buy term life without expecting the return on it(its not a financial investment for a return while you are alive).
    For Investment: Go to the market according to your ability to take risk and diversify into the share market OR into Mutual funds.
    All these ULIPS are not the right tools for the investors, those are good for the sales man of the products.
    Who in this world guarantee the market behavior? When a product is linked to this unstable market, how can you expect the growth ONLY always. Its not the problem of ICICI prulife or bharti-axa like products.. its our greed to ALWAYS earn more...
    Get out of this loop, understand few fundamentals of the product that you are investing into then properly organize your investments with respect to your goals

1 person likes this.
  9. supriyanaveen

supriyanaveen New IL'ite

Hi,

I feel it's always better to invest in PPF for long term

1 person likes this.
  10. kpgeeta

kpgeeta New IL'ite

thanks for the information