ICICI bank playing games

Discussion in 'Money Matters' started by Abha, Jul 9, 2007.

1. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

I have heard of Western Union doing a best service in Money Transfers.

By the way all about ICICI bank: Yes they have in the time become so incompetent bank. Their ECS facility is very useless and so is so many other facilities. We were offered a credit card just because of our account balance and even after signing the relevant papers we did not get it. We in India are back to trusting the so many nationalized banks, though they dont have lots of ATMs their service still stands the best. Their websites are also very useful and complete.

If I am right almost all Indian Nationalized banks open NRI accounts. Try them instead of hanging on and on with ICICI bank

2. manjumnair

manjumnair Silver IL'ite

Even I think Western Union is good for Money Transfers. But no personal experiences.

We also had a bad experience with ICICI even though we pay all our bills through Internet banking facility available with ICICI bank website. Whenever we charge our Airtel Mobile from ICICI bank account through the website, it debits money from the account, but the mobile doesn't get charged. It happened twice and we had to call the customer care to get back the money.

Another experience is with the EMI card they provided us. We never wanted that card. But the representatives persuaded us to take it as it is given as a compliment for good banking with ICICI. They told us that we can use the card for just like a credit card in any place. But when we shopped for Gold in a Jewelery, they told us this card will not be accepted there, much to our embarrassment:oops:. We paid using the debit card. We haven't used that again till now.

3. Blondie

Blondie Bronze IL'ite

Abha,
    don't know if it is still useful.....

We use remit to india services. Remit2India - The safe way to transfer money

In an emergency they can transfer money overnight with additional fees. Their customer service is very good and they are good with follow up satisfaction survey. (All this is funded by the steep service charge I guess:) )

4. Abha

Abha Bronze IL'ite

thanks everyone for the useful info provided.

transferring money isnt a routine for us... but still when we do we need to get a good rate... dollar is falling down and rupee is gaining the value... so ultimately dollar earning Indian people will definitely be at loss...

but i will definitely look into the options you all have suggested

thanks
    ~Abha

5. Kavta

Kavta Senior IL'ite

hi all.. when I was in India and my fiance here.. he gave me another debit card of chase ..both me(in India) and he (in US) were withdrawing money simultaneously. I used to withdraw money from HDFC atm Counters in India. there was absolutely no problem at all. Why dont you too follow the same technique by opening a new account here in US and giving the atm card to ur parents there so that whenever they want, you can deposit dollars here and they can withdraw rupees there! Its very simple process.

6. Abha

Abha Bronze IL'ite

thats a great idea Kavta...thanks we'll definitely try that...

7. Kavta

Kavta Senior IL'ite

u r welcome Abha. HDFC people charge transaction fee around Rs6/- for every transaction we make no matter how much we are withdrawing. Hence its better to withdraw large sums (that are needed) at Once.

8. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

KAvta,

that was good suggestion. thank for the info..

9. sunitha

sunitha Gold IL'ite

Dear Kavta

Tell me how this will work...shouldn't the ATM card be in the name of the parents for that..and for that,when we open the a/c here,shouldn't they be able to sign the papers here?:idontgetit:

10. Kavta

Kavta Senior IL'ite

Hi Sunitha,

• Open a new account in chase or some bank in ur name
    • You will be given a ATM card fr that r8!
    • Give that ATM card to ur parents in India and tell them pin
    • Whenever you depositt here they can withdraw it there .
    As Simple as that.I used Chase atm card and I withdrawed from HDFC atm counters all the time. They simple charge Rs6/- or something fr each transaction.